Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aguilar DB750+Eden 210 XST - what cab should come next?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by booch, Aug 5, 2005.

1. booch

booch

Aug 12, 2004
    Hi all,

I have a DB 750 head and an 8-Ohm 210 XST cab. It sounds beautiful but of course on larger stages the sound is lost. I don't what to blow the Eden, so I'd buy an other cab.

I like a full, round tone. When I tried to use the Aguilar head with a 6*10 Ampeg cab, I did not like the resulting tone. Mid-low heavy, rock-like, not my kind of thing. I'm not much of a cab expert and where I live there are not much opportunities to try and experiment with cabs, I just buy them off Internet.

I'm just saying this as I don't know if the resulting tone was because of the 6 10's or because of the Ampeg character.

I was thinking about getting a 1*15 Eden for the low end. I don't know however if it will give me a solid foundation or if I should choose 4*10. I really like the low end a 1*15 provides though. And I wouldn't want to get the tone from the 6 10's I got from the Ampeg 6*10.

Thanks in advance!
    Booch

2. i've got an eden 210xst that i run with an eden 212xlt. i get tons of lows and the 212 is a nice cab, especially great sounding for fingerstyle. i've gotten away from 15's the past while. i did see someone here or at the pit with an eden 212 for sale. i run the cabs with an ashdown 500 evoII rc, and love the combination. good luck in your search for tone. :cool:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=193354

3. booch

booch

Aug 12, 2004
    Thanks man! But I guess I missed that 2*12 baby...

The thing is, to get a 2*12 transported from the US to Europe, I'd have to pay a lot. That's why I'm not so keen on buying a new one. If I could get a used one for a lower price, it would be still OK though. I'm reluctant though to buy one used, as you can never know how it was handled.

4. Edenbass

Edenbass

May 20, 2005
    Vienna, Austria
    You could also add an Eden D112XLT.

I run a 210T with an Eden D112XLT with a WT 550. Excellent!

For small gigs or rehearsals you can use only the D112.

I think the 212 would of course be killer with the 210XST

5. bugbass

bugbass

Apr 8, 2004
    Norway
    Eden also have an exellent 15"

6. booch

booch

Aug 12, 2004
    Thanks for the constant flow of info!

I wish I could add a 2*12 plus a 1*15 but for now I'll have to be happy with one of them only.

Based on other TalkBass threads I opt for the 2*12. Later I can still add the 1*15 for a huge low end... (3 cabs... it's a dream!!! Nightmare to haul though...)

7. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    Good choice. :)

8. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I was going to suggest the 210XST/212XLT combo as well, if you want to stay all Eden. If you're willing and able to consider other cabs, though, you may like an Accugroove El Whappo or Whappo, Jr., or any of the Berg NV series cabs.

Tom.

9. Well, if you are happy with the tone you have, but just want to make it louder, you should just get an eden 610xst cab? or at least another 210xst. But if you are looking to change/improve your tone, then a different cab (like the ones recommended above) would be the way to go...

10. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    I'd say go with a 212 or 410, either Eden or Aguilar. You could use your 210 for smaller setups and a 410 or 212 for medium, or use them together for big venues. I don't know if you like 10"s or not. But I do know that the Aguilar and Eden cabs won't sound like the Ampeg; that you didn't like anyways. Ampeg is more dark and Eden and Aguilar cabs are more clean, open, balanced and have a low-mid authority that cuts really well. I think depending on your preference a 212 would be a great adition to your 210. You'd have punch and bass with the different sized sepakers.

I hope this helped.
    Peace...

11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    D-410XLT. A union made in heaven, whatever you perceive it to be.