Aguilar DB750 no secondowner warranty???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by afroman, Sep 21, 2004.

1. afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    I've wanted an Aguilar DB750 since I bought my Aguilar cabs (410 + 2 112's). I love their sound and have heard only incredible things about their amps. I'm using a BMAX with a Carvin power amp and I'm pleased with the sound so far. I also own an SVT-II Pro which I'm planing to sell soon. I like it's sound but the weight is just to much to handle.

The problem is that as I did with the cabs, I can't try before i buy that amp. I live in Puerto Rico and no store sells Aguilar here. Here's the thing, I've seen a couple of used DB750 on ebay and other online stores, but i read somwhere that the 10-year warranty is not transferable to a second owner. Is this true??? If so, would it be wise to buy a used 750 w/o a warranty??

Sorry for all the writing but I want to know about this issue.
    Thanks for your time and feel free to comment on the amp if you own it or have tried it.
  2. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    The warranty is for the original owner only. I've heard stories of problems on a few of them, so I guess it depends on how good a deal you get on whether it's worth the risk or not.
  3. afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    it's good to know for sure about the warranty.

Anyone else, comments on the amp or quality???
  4. My son had the Aguilar 200 watt head for a while. I had to open it up when the amp started intermittently cutting out, and although the construction is solid, I didn't see anything that should justify the boutique price. One thing that really suprised me, and was the cause of the problem, was the Jensen transformer mount for the DI. There is a tab with 2 holes attached to the side of the transformer, and it is screwed onto the preamp PC board using only 1 screw. The screw had loosened up and the transformer fell off the board, randomly shorting against the board and causing the intermittent condition. That's not the sort of build quality I'd expect in a $3,000+ amp.

Rick B.