Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aguilar DB750 users chime in...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ncognito, Dec 15, 2002.

1. Ncognito

Ncognito Banned Commercial User

Jan 8, 2002
    Hoffman Estates, Illinois
    Owner, Xsonics Bass Cabinets
    Hey folks.

I've used an Ampeg SVT-4 Pro for about 5 years now. I'm thinking about getting the Aguilar DB750. Can some of you give me your opinions about the amp after having it for a while?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Nick
    www.theincognitos.com

2. willrwilli

willrwilli

Jul 15, 2002
    Just wanted to give you some of my own feedback. Although I have only had my DB 750 for a month, I can tell you it is fantastic. I have replaced my EBS Fafner with this head. The biggest difference is this amp will give you the clean tone of your bass. Power should never be an issue. You will blow your speakers before the clip light on this amp will flicker. If for no other reason this is a good time to buy a DB 750 because of the recent price increase. There are some used ones out there for around $1400.00, and the new ones ordered before the price increase are in the
    $1700.00-$1800.00 range. New ones ordered after the price increase are going for about $2300.00. I have never owned an ampeg, but people say a DB 750 is like an ampeg on steroids.

3. I just got my DB 750 as well and I can say that this is hands down the loudest and clearest amp I've had the chance to play. It is replacing my WT 800 which clipped too much for my playing style. My next purchase will be two GS 410's. Then we'll see who's the loudest bass player in Pittsburgh!

4. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    I've had my DB750 for close to 6 months or more now and all I can say is that I'll never own another amp. The simplicity in controls is what turned me on to it in the first place. The one thing I did do is add a compressor in the signal chain. If you can find one for around 1400, i'd say go for it..

Tommy

5. kcdbass

kcdbass

Feb 27, 2002
    New Jersey
    Former Sales/Web, Sadowsky Guitars
    the only thing that sucks about owning a db750 is that you can no longer dream about owning the amp of your dreams ... 'cause you're done.

tone and power for days ... love mine. and it's the loudest damn thing i've personally ever heard myself thru.

6. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    chad at bassnw told me saturday they have like 3 or something coming in soon that he can still sell at the old price - not sure if they're spoken for already or not...

i'm just glad I got my DB728 when it was still cheap!!

:D

7. kcdbass

kcdbass

Feb 27, 2002
    New Jersey
    Former Sales/Web, Sadowsky Guitars
    hey vanselus ... didn't your old avatar have your head bopping back and forth ... what happened??? i got a kick out of that every time i saw it.:D

NO WAIT ... it works now.

8. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    uhh, yeah! 'still does, far as i know... does on my screen anyway - maybe i annoyed a mod for the last time... :D

and thanks, glad you liked it!