Aguilar DB750 - very noisy XLR output? Help...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by booch, Jul 20, 2005.

1. booch

Aug 12, 2004
    I was trying to connect an Aguilar DB750 through the XLR output on the front to my computer (nothing fancy, just a TerraTek internal sound card). I had to convert the XLR to jack and the jack to RCA to be able to do so.
    However, the signal is quite low and I hear a huge constant noise (I figure it's the fan, though I'm not an expert enough to know).
    I have also tried the "Tuner out" jack output, but with the same results.

I haven't used this amp yet in a live situation so I don't know if the noise is present when connected to the PA.

I'm trying to record stuff for some of my students and it can't be done like this. I had no such problem with my Gallien Krueger 1001-RB's direct out, so I don't think it's some interference special to my apartment.

Is this only my home setup's fault?
    Is there a way to eliminate this noise?
    Or, at least, is there a way to control the output level? I've tried but neither the preamp volume nor the poweramp volume seem to have an effect.
  2. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    I don't think that the fan is making that noise. that would make the DI out unusable (is this a word?).

Regarding the volume on the DI out, this is what Dave (from Aguilar) told me about my DB659 DI out:
    "The balanced output is actually about -32db this is the same pre and post. If you have more gain going, it will be hotter in the post position."
    This means that if you use the post-EQ button, the output will be afected by the eq and input volume.

If I were you I'd try the DI out with a standard cable connected to a soundboard and if the problem persists contact Aguilar. They have a great customer service.