SOLD Aguilar DB750

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Mr Matt, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Mr Matt

Mr Matt

Jan 18, 2005
    Washington State
    Price:
    Of all the big heads I've owned (Ampeg, Mesa, Randall, SWR, Trace Elliot), this is my all time favorite. Power for days, meaty tone w/o the mud & simple tone control layout.

The stock tubes were ok, but I did some tube rolling and changed out the 4 preamp tubes with new Tung Sol 12ax7's which woke this beast up! Clear fast attack without any glassy high end.

This comes with the new black Aguilar head case which looks super classy and adds another layer of protection. It does add a couple of more pounds to it (62 lbs total), but it's definitly worth it, especially if you'll be schleppng this beast around.

For full disclosure, the head has a few scratches on the metal top of the amp from going in and out racks & the head case (it's a tight fit). The left wing got slightly bent in shipment to me, this wouldn't have happened if it had been in the case this one has. Other than those road beauty marks the amp is in perfect working order.

The following is from Aguilar:
    The DB 750 is a groundbreaking hybrid amplifier with a discrete Mosfet output section and an all tube preamp. A perfect combination of raw power and excellent tone, the DB 750 sets the precedent for all hybrid heads. Delivering 750 Watts at 4 ohms and 975 Watts at 2 ohms this amp literally rattles you to the core.

To get all this power to the speakers the DB 750 has Neutrik speak-on outputs for maximum efficiency. In addition to outstanding performance with any active or passive four string bass, the DB 750 will musically and accurately reproduce the extended range of modern five and six string basses.

$1200 + actual shipping, no trades. I accept Paypal or money orders

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  2. dponbass

dponbass Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2007
    New England
    Great amp, even better seller! Great to work with!

3. Mr Matt

Mr Matt

Jan 18, 2005
    Washington State
    Thanks man, glad to see you still have the 55-94!