Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aguilar DB750

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MasqueOfFilth, Mar 3, 2005.

1. hey everyone. i just came across the opporitunity to get an mint DB750 for $1300. im intertesed to see what everyone that owns them thinks about them. also, im interested to see pics of the front and back at a close up. i cant see the pront close up on any internet site. thanks all....!

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i did a review on it, (dont own one though :bawl: ). lots of cats here have them, munji converted (partially) from eden. I'd pick it up for htat price. awesome head.

3. Great amp for a great price!

4. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    Im in the market for a db750. If I could find one in good shape for that price, Id buy it, you should too.

5. I have owned one for three years now and I must say it's so good that my amp GAS has almost completely subsided. It's built beautifully well and sounds even better. Go for it man.

6. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    $1300 is a good deal. Besides the weight factor, I don't ever see myself owning another amp...

I say go for it! You can always sell it and not lose (if not gain) any money on it :D

Tommy

7. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    If it wasn't for the weight I'd own one in an instant. One of the best amps I've ever played through.

8. niomosy

niomosy

Nov 9, 2002
    At that price it's not a bad deal. For me, it basically sounded like a louder and better looking AG 500. That's not really a bad thing as I like the AG 500. I just don't like it at $2200 ;) That's a pretty nice price for a good amp. Not my first choice but if you're happy with it, go for it.

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Grand theft, amp, at that price. Buy it now and think about it later. You can make a few hundred on it if you don't like it. I've come to dig mine a lot.

10. operation aguilar DB750 complete. i even got it for $1275, w/ a carry bag....sweet

11. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    very cool................carry bag???? now that i have to see. i can't imagine what a carry bag for that leadsled would look like. anyhow, i'm jealous. as far as heads go that one is on the top of my short list of heads to get before i die. :cool:

12. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Congratulations, man! You'll dig it.

13. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    2nd that! And if you don't, I'll dig it for that price :ninja: :bag: