1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Aguilar Db751

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by gnergaard, Dec 10, 2017.

1. gnergaard

gnergaard Supporting Member

May 31, 2002
    Chicago, IL USA
    Price:
    $1225
    Hello.

I've decided to sell my Aguilar DB 751. It's in great shape with only slight marks on the face plate due to rack mounting and has been racked for the entire time I've owned it.

History:
    • I purchased this 2 years ago from an Aggy endorsee. He gave me a really good deal on it and I'm passing that deal on to the next person rather than looking to make a profit.
    • It did have one repair- an IC chip failed immediately after I purchased it. It was repaired by Chicago Amp Works/Pat McKeever. Pat consulted with Aguilar and was told that it was an anomally and very rare for that part to fail. The amp has been working great ever since.
    • I asked Pat/Chicago Amp Works to inspect and test this amp 2 weeks ago before listing it for sale. It is functioning perfectly, needs nothing and is ready for a new owner to use.
    • Tubes are all-original. I haven't 'rolled' tubes in this amp at all because the originals sound great.
    Reason I'm selling:
    • I own an all-tube head that covers some of the same 'rock' territory- albeit not as light, loud or dependable as the DB 751.
    • I own an Aguilar DB 659 preamp which is very similar to this amp- although the Mosfet power section of the DB 751 really is something special.
    Price:
    • $1225 for the DB 751
    • I also have a 3 space SKB Rolling rack with wheels and luggage-style, pull-out handle that is perfect for this head and makes the amp a breeze to transport. I could certainly use this case for something else but it is such a perfect match for the Db751 that I would include it for an extra $75 if the buyer is interested- and I recommend it for anyone who gigs and doesn't have roadies ; )
    • I have 2 additional 6' speakon to speakon cables that could be included for $5 each if the buyer needs them. ProCo brand and nothing fancy but very functional and pro-level speaker cables. The DB751 has speakon jacks only so if you need cables I can provide them.
    Shipping:
    • Shipping is additional and will be paid for by the buyer. I'm absolutely willing to ship this anywhere in the US but buyer will be responsible for actual shipping costs and shipping insurance for the full sale price of the item(s). I will pack this- and if I do say so myself- I'm very experienced in packing fragile items to survive the shipping process (see feedback). I will over-pack the item and also make sure that I'm not adding too much weight to the price of shipping.
    • My only real choices for shipping carriers are FedEx and UPS. I don't trust USPS with something like this.
    Trades:
    • I'm not really looking for anything BUT could be tempted by:
      • Bergantino Cabs, specifically NV series
      • Barefaced cabs, specifically the retro 610, 410, 210 cabs
      • Epifani series I cabs
      • 70s P basses
      • Lakland basses (34 scale ONLY), 4 string
      • 5 string, 34" jazz-type basses
      • $1225 dollars : )
    Pics will be added shortly.
    Feel free to ask any and all questions.

Thanks,

Greg
    in Chicago 60625
    -

Fred312b and floydman like this.
  2. gnergaard

May 31, 2002
    Chicago, IL USA
    All PMs replied- thanks for the offers so far.
    Still available...

3. gaj98467

gaj98467 Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2014
    Tacoma, WA
    The longer this sits, the itchier my trigger finger gets. Please, someone save me from myself.

4. gnergaard

May 31, 2002
    Chicago, IL USA
    Listen to your finger. It knows...

5. gnergaard

May 31, 2002
    Chicago, IL USA
    Thanks for the interest everyone. I'm currently getting shipping quotes together for a few potential buyers and will add pics this weekend.
    I will also ship to Canada with the understanding that Canadian buyers would be responsible for all customs fees.
    Thanks,
    Greg

6. Amajew

Amajew Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2016
    I have a black Lakland 44-01 with a maple board. Would that interest you??

7. gnergaard

May 31, 2002
    Chicago, IL USA
    Very close, but no thank you.

8. gnergaard

May 31, 2002
    Chicago, IL USA
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  9. gnergaard

May 31, 2002
    Chicago, IL USA
    pics of the skb 3 space rolling rack:
    IMG_3266.JPG IMG_3267.JPG IMG_3268.JPG

10. gnergaard

May 31, 2002
    Chicago, IL USA
    Status report-

3 potential buyers have all successfully negotiated a price that includes shipping and case/no case etc.

I'm waiting to hear a yes or no from the person who reached out first and we'll take it from there.

In the meantime I'll start packing this amp up!

I've promised all 3 buyers an answer by the end of the night.

11. gnergaard

May 31, 2002
    Chicago, IL USA
    Amp is SOLD for $1225 plus shipping and insurance.