1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available Aguilar DCB (P2 size) for Delano SBC 5 HE/S

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Whisper, May 13, 2019.

1. Whisper

Whisper Supporting Member

Price:
    I have a set of Aguilar DCB’s (Bartolini P2 size) in my Fodera right now - they sound great, but I’d love to try the Delano SBC 5 HE/S (dual coil humbucker) in the same size. Please let me know if you have a set and let’s work something out.

FB1771E9-9765-4A6F-82DF-7062D11A06DB.jpeg

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    mustBmtd likes this.
  2. mustBmtd

mustBmtd Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Tennessee
    Delano pickups are super nice. But I'd also add that you've got a nice set already dropped in. Even though I prefer the Aguilar Super Doubles, You didn't like the NYC' Seymour Duncan pickups that came in the bass?

3. Brother Goose

Brother Goose The Process IS the Reward! Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2013
    Syracuse NY
    God Is Love
    Delano's are super similar to the DCB pups. Perhaps a little more clarity and the option to split coils P/reverse P (although you won't hear a huge difference due to the narrow apeture)

Someone has these pups for sale in parts/accessories. I just asked if they would swap for DCB in the P4 shape. Asking price is only $150 btw

4. Whisper

The Fodera/Duncan dual coils are great pickups, but do not quite align with my tonal goals.

Yes, I saw that ad, but those pickups are the Delano quad coils - I'm looking for the Delano dual coils. Thanks!

5. mustBmtd

mustBmtd Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Tennessee
    What preamp are you using?

6. Whisper

Just the stock Fodera preamp.

7. Brother Goose

Brother Goose The Process IS the Reward! Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2013
    Syracuse NY