Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aguilar dealer sell-out

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Bass Atlanta, May 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bass Atlanta will no longer be carrying the Aguilar line.
    I have a few items remaining and am blowing them out.
    All are covered by Aguilar's factory warranty.

Here's what I have left:

DB 359 Tube Amp --- see the following description on eBay:
    Link to eBay Ad
    It didn't sell, so I am listing it here at a huge discount for my fellow TB'ers. This amp retails for $3795, and sells for $3039.99 at Musicians Friend. Our closeout price is $1699 shipped to the continental US. This is much less than dealer cost. Remember, this item has FULL WARRANTY and has just been inspected and tuned up by Aguilar. There is one scratch on the top of the amp, as described in the eBay ad.

GS210 Speaker Cabinet --- This item is brand new with full warranty. This cab retails for $799, and sells for $599.99 at Musicians Friend.
    Our closeout price is $535 shipped.

DB659 Preamp --- Once again, brand new without a scratch, and full warranty. This preamp retails for $1250, and sells for $999.99 at Musicians Friend. Our price is $799 shipped. (SOLD)

DB924 Outboard Preamp --- Brand new in the box. I have 2 of these. Retails for $229 and sells for $179 at Musicians Friend. Our price is $155 shipped.

OBP-1 Onboard Preamp --- $79 shipped. (SOLD)
    OBP-3 Onboard Preamp --- $99 shipped. (SOLD)

NO TRADES PLEASE. :(

Send me a PM or call me toll-free at 877-266-7007.

Thanks for looking,

Randy

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Brand new, unused GS210 shipped for $535 isn't a good enough deal for you? Wow!

-Mike

3. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Astoria, Oregon
    599.00 new at MF

Dan

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yeah.....then add another $40 for shipping. Now this dudes price is $100 less than MF.

-Mike

5. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Here's an idea--if you aren't interested in the items for sale, how about you stay out of the thread and keep your opinions to yourselves? :rollno:

6. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Bassmonkee, that was kinda harsh.

Randy is selling this stuff at real decent prices. Kinda like Rik's prices were before he got shut down. Retailer can't stay in business and give stuff away.

That's a killer price on the DB659. I'm not in the market but I haven't seen a new one that low anywhere. And the OBP's have real decent prices on them.

Bass Atlanta is kinda new and it's nice to have another alternative and source for some pretty cool bass stuff. And it's great to have a retailer that is active on TB.com like Adrian Garcia and Brian Barrett. I appreciate their presence and input on this board. I especially think that it's awesome that they are giving TB'ers a chance at some of this stuff before it hits the mainstream sites.

I would suggest that if you think that the prices should be lower that you write Bass Atlanta directly with an offer. You never know. :eek:

7. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Apparently, you misunderstood my post. I was saying that Randy can offer his gear for whatever price he wants. He doesn't need people telling him "you should offer 30% off of shipping, too" or "Musician's Friend has free shipping, so it's not that great of a deal."

I agree with your last statement--if you want to wheel and deal with him, send him a PM or an email. Don't simply say "That's not that great of a price" in his thread.

My post was a "Pro Randy" post, not an "Anti Randy" post. :D

8. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Apparently, some of you can't read the rules:

:eyebrow:

9. Bassmonkeee, Pacman, and Jerry,

Thanks for the support. Golly guys......I wouldn't think that offering Aguilar gear at dealer cost or below would create such a furor. And the AmpNerd's comment just blew me away entirely.

I said that I was no longer going to be carrying the Aguilar line; NOT that I was going out of business and that I wanted to give everything away for free. :mad: Duh. I'm just trying to clear my inventory and cover my costs. I will still be carrying the same lines of basses, as well as EA and AI gear.

Thank you, Mr. Moderator, for reminding us of the rules.

Now.....back to business.

The OBP-1 is sold. One of the OBP-3's is sold. All else is up for grabs.

Send a PM if you want to make a purchase.......or if you simply want to insult me further. ;)

Randy

10. poman

poman Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Ga.
    Just wanted to say I know Randy personally, and he is a very honest guy....don't think he would try to take advantage of anyone. Hey Randy still need to get by the shop and try some stuff out :bassist: Things have slowed down a bit, so I have a little more time now lol. Thanks, Mark

11. Not always, I had a cabinet shipped from them.......

Cab cost $499.99, S&H was $25.71.

At a certain weight they charge.

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Fact?

Throw that cab in your shopping cart at MF, and see if shipping is free. It isn't.

Phrase of the day for you.........."fine print". :D

-Mike

13. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Having just bought a new OBP-3 for $139 I can assure you his asking price is the best you'll find!!

14. Email sent about both OBP-3 preamps. Please put these 2 on hold for me! Thanks, Werner.

15. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Astoria, Oregon
    Just for the record I think it's a good deal. I was posting MF price just to give some insight on what they cost new at normal places. 535 new shipped is good.

Dan

16. Just updated the original ad (above), since many items have sold.

I may have 2 brand new GS-112's on closeout also. If they are not sold, I will post them tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Randy

17. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
    I thought Dealers weren't suppose to post in the Classified Listings.

18. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    As I recall, this was the Mod's option. And Bass Atlanta is a contributing member to the site as well as posted some good stuff in the other parts of the forum.

I'd sure think in this case that it is a great opportunity for TB'rs scoop some decent deals. I'd hate to think that we'd miss out on opportunities like this. ;)

19. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    That said, why the hell are you posting in this thread, anyway?

20. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    That said he is no longer an Aguilar dealer.

Peace
    Nick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.