1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Aguilar GS 112 vs. Eden D112XLT

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Modern Growl, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Hey All!!! I haven't been on the forum in a while. Just wanted to check in and say hello! I was looking into purchasin one of these, but I'm not sure which one.

Looking for deepest tone between the two. Which would you go with?

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    do a search for my name and the 112XLT. did an impromptu review about it.

but strangely enough, i'd love to hear both in the same rig. the XLT has that cutting sound, while the gs112 fills in the lows missing of the XLT.

3. can't find anything.. got a link?

also any comparison comments?

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
  5. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    I had both and my Eden sucked. I'm sure it was just a bad cab, but it sounded like arse... it always sounded like it was cracking up when A/B'd next to the Aggie 12...

Now I have a S210 on top of my GS112 and i'm very happy...

:)

6. hmmm... so a bad experience w/ the Eden

jokerjkny, so you overall think the Eden is a bit more punchy/aggressive sounding?

anyone else w/ thoughts?

7. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    You might consider a Schroeder 1210...punchy and deep.

8. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    +1 on the S210 / GS112 pair. I just got a Nemesis NA-650 to push these cabs and the sound is stellar.

9. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    i wouldnt say punchy, but the tweeter does make it cut and sound more aggressive.

IMHO, unless you really need something that small and light, i too highly recommend a Schroeder 1210L. i just got mine, and each rehearsal makes me fall in love with it over and over again. a bit heavier than the Eden or Aguilar, and yet has that 10" punch with the fat lows of a 12". terrific blend of the best of both worlds.

10. not looking to drop $700.00 though :meh:

11. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    they're alot of dough, but for a little 1210, they're massively loud. heck, some guys have said that a 1210 could possibly keep up w/ a pair of 1x12's of varying brands, and even a 4x10!

sure, i'm skeptical of the 4x10 comparison, but guys like KJ et al, are hard to not take seriously.

12. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I tried various 1x12's for DB. Then I bought the Schroeder 1210. I wish I had sooner. It works great for electric too, and brings the big fat punch of a 12 along with the immediacy and clarity of the 10.
    It kills the swr 410 I used to use prior to all that...

13. bump.

Figured I'd keep the topic open for those that didn't post yet.

Anyone with any further comments?

14. no one huh?:(

15. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    MG,

seriously, get the Aguilar. it really is the obvious choice for the sounds you're looking for. ;)