1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Aguilar GS 112...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lm183902, Aug 19, 2007.

1. lm183902

lm183902

Aug 19, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I just recently acquired a GS 112 and am wondering how much I can really crank it up. I'm using an Eden WT-550 and I can get it relatively loud with no hint of distortion, but I'm just a bit scared to turn it loose.

Can anyone comment on how much this little beast can handle?

2. I use my GS112 w/ a LMII(300w into the 8 ohms cab) & its a LOUD 300w! But IT IS just a 1x12" so IME U can't get it super loud- 2 of em OTOH crank well I'm told. But I've noticed the GS112(by itself) can be quite easily made to "fart"-by giving it too much. That said- it does a great job(for me)in most rooms!

3. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Get a second one and it'll take all the output your head can dish out.

4. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I agree! using just one can be tempting and can sound good, but I was always a bit leary of having other people use my amp with just one cab. I got a second one and don't worry as much about it. You could still probably get them to break up even with two cabs, but its alot harder than one. (SEE SIG)

I DON'T ADD MUCH BASS since the 550 with the aggies is already pretty heavy. and with the 550 active eq controls, a little tweak will go far, just a click or two usually. but you already knew that :D

For the record the GS112NT (no tweeter) makes a great companion to the regular gs112.

5. lm183902

lm183902

Aug 19, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Thanks guys,

I definitely plan on adding another eventually, I'm just trying to see how much I can pull out of it for now.

6. lm183902

lm183902

Aug 19, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Any more opinions?

7. Jasonger

Jasonger

May 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    I just received my Aguilar AG 500, GS 112, and GS 112NT from the fine folks at The Perfect Bass today. Haven't had much time with it yet but it does get pretty loud. YMMV
    Jason

8. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I can't add a whole lot more, but can back up what the others here have said. I use two GS112s with a 500 watt LMII head and it gets plenty loud and low B at loud volumes is no problem.

9. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    +1. Pair it with a NT to get loud, it will!

10. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    I agree; add a second GS112 and you'll have more than a reasonable amount of volume.

11. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    When you hear it starting to distort, that's when you're reaching the limit. Simple!

Alex