Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

aguilar gs-112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by clouddead, Aug 27, 2003.

1. clouddead

clouddead

Jan 15, 2003
    orlando
    i havent played these things quite yet, but i have heard only good reviews. would two of these cabs be decent for slapping at all? i do play a lot of finger style, but sometimes get slap happy.

2. Emprov

Emprov

Mar 19, 2003
    I bought one for a mini-rig and do quite a bit of slapping. To be honest, my Ampeg 410 does a better job with slap, but then again, I only have one Aggie. Perhaps 2 would do a better job. As a side note, the Aggie is quite a bit more effiecient and present than my 410 and, if I was forced to pick one, I'd go with the Aggie hands down.

3. I've got two Aggies and they rule! And a play a lot of slap, too.

4. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    clouddead

they Rule!

I just picked up my second one the other night. Have only had one moderate volume jazz/funk practice (last night)... Mostly fingerstyle, real punchy and lots of low end... the little slapping that I have done has sounded great, granted I'm not a big slapper.

Here's my mini Rig with 2 ag's:

[​IMG]

I have another thread started about this:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97985

Apparently there are a few people in that thread that has that similar set up... Most with nicer amp in their rack... Bounce some questions off of them.

5. aaron f.

aaron f.

Oct 21, 2000
    Manitoba
    How would 2 gs112's hold up in a loud rock band? Drums, sequenced synth and 2 100 watt guitar amps?? I've been jonesing for a new rig for some time, too bad university eats up all my cash.