Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aguilar GS 210 owners...soundoff!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jivetkr, Feb 18, 2003.

1. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    Can any gs210 owners provide any feedback on this cabinet?

sound?
    portability?
    reliability?
    The power rating is 350 watts, but does it require more?

2. I have one; I unfortunately don't get to use it often because I don't yet own a power amp and haven't been able to borrow one except for gigs. However...

Sound: GREAT!! Don't really know how to be too specific, but I LOVE how this thing sounds with my Navigator...I will one day A/B it with a 210XLT, my other fav cab, but I haven't had the chance.

Portability: Not bad. 62 pounds I believe, decent handles. Narrow staircases suck, other than that it's fine.

Reliability: Couldn't say; I've only had it for a couple months (though I'm not the original owner). I don't forsee any problems.

Power: I'm curious about this as well. I've powered it at gigs (the only chance I've really had to play it :( :( ) with a borrowed RMX2450, so that's 500w @ 8ohms. My memory is hazy but I think I only had to turn it up about halfway. I was afraid to crank it because I simply can't afford to blow anything. Someone else's input would be useful here.

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    great sound, but it feels like its the second heaviest 2x10 next to Eden's XLT.

4. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    Thanks for your input guys.

I'm still really curious about the power question. I was really overpowering my EDEN 210XLT & it sounded great. I just wonder if the same applies to the aggie. I'm driving it with a PLX2402. I think thats about 425 watts into 8 ohms.

Any thoughts?

5. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    I've got one..I love it..you can take it to a small gig and have no volume worries..I've used it multiple times by itself and was pleasantly suprised at the low end..
    I dont think you have anything to worry about with Aguilar products reliability, etc.

I have a DB750 and running it at a 4 ohm load and the cab hasn't broken a sweat.

Id say go for it!

Thanks
    Tommy

6. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    Nice. Just ordered one. Should be here for the weekend.

Cant wait!

7. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Congrats! I think if you liked the Eden, you'll love the Aguilar!