Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aguilar GS-210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ubersam, Apr 19, 2001.

1. ubersam

ubersam

Oct 12, 2000
    L.A.
    Has anyone played through, or had auditioned, an Aguilar GS-210 cab? How did you like it? How does it compare to the Eden D210XLT?

2. jvtwin

jvtwin What it needs is a little more cowbell

Jan 26, 2001
    LA Calif.
    The Aguilar had excellent tone in the low end (played a five string through it) It didn't get flubby even at high volume. The Eden didn't have the fat low end like Aguilar but it was chrisper in the high end. I like a fat sounding cab so I peferred the Aguilar over Eden.

Keep in mind that alot has to do with what your pushing the cab with and what you like to play. I don't think you'd be unhappy with either one.

3. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    THEY BOTH SUCK!!!!!!!!!! TRY THE BERGANTINO'S AND LET ME KNOW THEN!

4. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    First time I've heard such hard words on those brands. GG, please read this: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=16092
    ...or in short, try to elaborate more why you think it "sucks". Makes everyone feel a lot better about you. :)

5. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    YOU'RE RIGHT OYSTERMAN, THAT WAS A BIT COLD AND UNINFORMATIVE. SORRY READERS! I HAVE OWNED EVERY BASS CAB OUT THERE I THINK, AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER. I HAVE ALSO GIGGED SAID CABS. I NOW HAVE A BERGANTINO 3X10 THAT IS, NO HOLDS BARRED, THE BEST CAB I HAVE EVER PLAYED!!!! I AM A VINTAGE SVT GUY FROM WAY BACK, BUT HAVE TRIED TO DOWNSIZE DUE TO MY BACK. I HAVE USED THIS CAB WITH MY 71 SVT, GK 800 RB, EDEN WT-800, AND ACOUSTIC IMAGE CLARUS. IT IS THE MOST COHESIVE SOUNDING CAB, AS YOU NEVER HEAR WOOFER AND TWEETER, BUT KILLER FULL RANGE! ALSO IT WILL TAKE ALMOST ALL OF A MACKIE 1400i WITHOUT BARKING!!!!!!! TRY THAT WITH YOUR CAB WITHOUT CUTTING ALL THE MIDS!!!!!! THANKS FOR LETTING ME RANT!

6. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    And Gibsongeek, sorry to be picky, but Oysterman has already asked you to turn off the Caps Lock. Another way to improve people's perceptions of you. :)

7. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    Bergantinos, I feel, are nothing great, but again, opions are like a-holes..everyones got one and they all stink.

It is my understanding that the Aguilar is a ripoff of the Eden 210XLT and I believe the Aguilar is cheaper. I've played through both I really can't hear any difference, so save some money, go Aguilar.

8. ubersam

ubersam

Oct 12, 2000
    L.A.
    Thanks all. I am leaning towards the Aguilar at this point. I'm planning to A/B some cabs this weekend, we'll see what I'd ultimately end up with.

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Dude, did you used to be a pro wrestler?!?!?!?

10. embellisher

OK, now serious mode on.

I am a big fan of Eden cabs. Absolutely huge!!!

But the GS210 has a lot more booty than the Eden D210XLT.

I A/B'd the D210XLT and the Aguilar GS210, with a WT 400 head, and again with the Aguilar DB359 all tube amp.

The Eden sounded great. The Aguilar sounded better. Most bass of any 2x10 I have ever heard. Only Eden and Bag End 2x10's come close IME.

11. :D
    Yeah when I read that post I imagined it with a Randy Savage voice.
    OH YEAH, BERGANTINOS ROCK, OH YEAH!

12. Larzito

Larzito

Aug 1, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    I own an Eden 210T and 210XLT. In a store, I have done an A/B comparison with the Ag and the Eden. The Ag had more of a hi fi sound, but I didn't think it was as bassy. The thing I have noticed about the Eden 210XLT (vs the 210T) is that it really likes to be pushed HARD before it comes to life. I would bet that if you giged both cabs and pushed them hard, the Eden would out-booty the Ag.

As a sideline, after we did the A/B comparison with an Eden WT800 (Ag on one side, Eden on the other), we did another A/B comparison. this time, we plugged two 210XLTs into the Eden, and two 210s into an Agular all tube 359(?) head. If it wasn't such a heavy monster, I would have traded my WT800 on the spot! The all tube Ag was SOOOO SWEET! The tone was richer and more balanced and made me sick and envious and gave me GAS and all that. But all said and done, the Eden still sounds incredible.

13. embellisher

Larzito, I love my Eden Metro combo, but after I played that DB359 at Larry Morgan Music I was blown away.

Eden's tone is awesome, but that Aguilar all tube head is on a different planet! I've never played EBS or Glockenklang, but IMHO Aguilar all tube stuff is tonal nirvana!

Maybe someday I can get an Aguilar rig. When I bought the Metro I told myself that if I were to add a Bag End 1x15 to it that it would be the last amp that I would ever need.

Famous last words!:D

14. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I noticed that about the 210XLT too. Push it and the sound really comes alive. I liked the Aggies too, only read about Bergantinos (so far;)).

15. Hey Larzito - Was the Ag an integrated head (preamp and power amp together?) or separates? Did you try to mix and match the Eden 210XLT and the Ag 210 to separate out the influences of the speakers from the heads on the tone??

16. Bernie

Bernie

Dec 12, 1999
    The 359 is both in one.200 Watts about 1100 or so.They make a larger amp (400 watts i think)and two other pre amps(all separates).BIG BUCKS!Good luck!

17. ubersam

ubersam

Oct 12, 2000
    L.A.
    O.k., so I went to a local shop [not GC] but they didn't have the AG in stock, so I a/b'd the 210XLT against the EBS210. I found the EBS to have tighter & lower lows, and smoother highs [atleast to me they did]. The punch sounded tighter. I brought it to practice last night and they were saying that it sounded more defined than the 210T. It did sound pretty clean, but I'm still missing something. It's like I can't dial in as much growl. When I took the EBS home from the store, I thought that was it. But now I'm not too sure, I still want to try it against the AG. I'm still planning on it.