Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aguilar GS-212 vs. Eden D410XLT

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gflowers, Jan 25, 2003.

1. gflowers

gflowers Sadowsky Nut Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    I currently have an Eden 410xlt for large gigs and a 210xlt for rehearsals and small gigs. I recently bought an Aguilar gs112 and was blown away. I'm now thinking of replacing the 410xlt (98lbs.) with a GS-212 (70lbs.). Has anyone out there A/B'ed or compared the two? How about the GS212 against the 210XLT?

2. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    Gary

shoot me an e-mail. I've been contacted twice this week on people wanting to trade in their aguliar 112's. I've turned them down becuase I don't liek to mess with used cab's.

I can try locate there number's and hook you two up.

3. bassboat

bassboat

Sep 27, 2001
    The GS 212 has more low mids and is tighter than the 210xlt or the 410xlt. You could probably replace both of your eden cabs wih the GS 212. IMHO, 12" speakers in general have more punch and tighter lows than 10" speakers.

4. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    I'd suggest checking out the Bergantino and Epifani 212's first. I think you will be disappointed if you bought the Aguliar 212 and then later checked out the Berangtino and Epifani 212 to find out how much bigger in sound and tone they are.

Also another thing to keep in mind that an Aguliar 212 isn't going to sound anything like the 112. If you want the 112 only bigger you need to buy more 112's. Same goes for any manufacture.

Good luck,
    Brian

5. bassboat

bassboat

Sep 27, 2001
    I agree that he should compare all the brands! From what I have read, Aguilar has tried to make the same "tone" in their 212 as their 112. There will always be a difference between one large chamber and two small chambers. They can't be exactly the same. However, some of the other manufacturers you mention say they purposely made different sonic choices with their 212 cabinets, as compared to their 112's.

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Dave Siff did the exact thing (410XLT for a 212 aggie) and he said in the end it didn't cut it quite as well as the XLT, so he ordered another 210s from Aguilar, and and was happy as a clam afterwards.

(Meanwhile, I made off with his XLT :D)

7. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    My Bergie 2/12 sounds a lot larger than my Eden 4/10XLT.........I used Edens for a long time....great cabs!

8. Yes.. yes you did! :D
    Gman, I did an A/B between the 410XLT and the GS212 at Bass Central, and I thought the GS212 sounded just as good. So, I made the switch. The GS212 sounded every bit as big and ballsy with just me playing, but when I tried it out with my band -- 100 watts of guitar and Animal from The Muppet Show on drums -- it didn't cut it. It was close, but not quite there. I was missing some bite. So, I got the GS210, and now I have a nice stack that really roars.
    This is just my experience, YMMV depending on who you're playing with.

9. snailplow

snailplow Leon Phelps Wanna Be

I've had all those cabs,and liked them all.Due to being poor and in debt,I sold them all to catch up on bills.
    Now that I can afford it again,I bought some budget cabs,and absolutely love them.I got an Avatar 210 and I just received my Avatar 212 two days ago.This rig sounds GREAT.You don't have to break the bank to get good tone.
    Read up on how every component in your signal chain works,and you'll be able to dial in just what you want without making gear dealers rich and yourself poor.