Aguilar GS line

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Greg Jones, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Greg Jones

Greg Jones

Dec 1, 2005
    Thornton, CO
    Question. Why is the GS112 and GS210 different in width?

I just noticed this because I bought a GS112 from a TB'er and saw another TB'er local to me with a GS210 4sale and thought hmmm....might be cool. Then I checked the Aggie site and notice the GS112 is 19" wide while the GS210 is 22.5" wide.

Weird IMO.
  2. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I think most manufacturers only make their cabs as big as they HAVE TO. either for the sake of fitting the speakers or getting the tone they want. unfortunately, this doesn't alway coincide with the widths of other cabs.
  3. quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    One 12 inch speaker = 12" total
    Two 10 inch speakers = 20" total

Not weird at all to me.
  4. Greg Jones

Greg Jones

Dec 1, 2005
    Thornton, CO
    I only meant weird in the sense that most other cab makers keep the width dimension consistent so when you stack them you don’t have a wider cab sitting on top. Actually, in a given line, most manufacturers keep the width and depth the same.

No big deal, just something I noticed with Aggies. I plan on adding another GS112 so it will work out fine.

5. bino

bino Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    The GS210 is the same with as a GS115. In most circumstances a 2x10 will overpower a 1x12, so it doesn't make for a good match and that's probably why they weren't trying to size them the same. All things being equal, a 2x10 and 1x15 are much closer in volume.
  6. Greg Jones

Greg Jones

Dec 1, 2005
    Thornton, CO

Thanks. This answer makes very good sense.