Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

aguilar GS112 owners. how to remove Logo/Badge

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cb56, Jan 14, 2006.

1. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I read a thread about this awhile back but can't seem to loocate it.
    I'm thinking about removing the logo/badge from my GS112 cabs but can't figure out how they are attached. I stack my cabs three high and having 3 logos just looks kind of overkill I guess. Anyone remove theirs? I don't see a screw holding them on. Are they glued on. I'm afraid that if I tried to pry them off I'd brake them.:help:

2. Rmm, if you do figure out how to take it off, I'll take it off your hands.

3. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I was told by aguilar that they are glued on. if you're really serious maybe try GOOGONE or another citrus based disolver. petroleum based might eat the paint.

4. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Looks like I'll be leaving them on.

5. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    could ask aguilar what glue they use or what they'd recommend to remove it...

they're nice people to deal with!

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Cripe, half the reason for buying a brand like Aguilar is the badge. Take the badges off, and people will think it's a Carvin that you took the badges off over embarrassment.

LiquidMidnight likes this.
  7. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    LOL..I had the exact same thought. Why take the badges off?
    I've actually had alot of people, including many other bass players, ask what that big "B" on my NV610 is. I then give them my standard speech about the awesomeness of Bergantino cabs.

8. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ

I have never been a big logo guy. Has nothign to do with bass amps though. i dont like clothing logos, sports team logos, even car logos. Especiallly if you pay retail, which is frequently hard not to, i feel i should be reimbursed for the free advertising. no, i am not kidding.

I completely understand those that like logos, etc. especially if its a high quality brand. I jsut feel differently. I would also feel differently about this if i had a relationship with the manufacturer, as many ofyou do.

Of course, the original poster wasnt taking this stance. he jsut didnt like the redundant visual that 3 of them gave.

Is it possible to remove the grill, use a solvent, and then jsut respray the grill?

9. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I called aguilar because i wanted to stack my cabs the tall way and have the name horizontal instead of sideways.

its easier to reach the amp when you have only two cabs stacked the tall way. I ran three once, but was worried about low impedence.

10. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    I got the one off of mine by prying it off and then just rubbing off the glue with my fingertips. It took a while but it looks like it was never there. Took a pound or two off the cab and got rid of the giant rubber backed metal plate right in front of the cone.

If you're careful and don't try to pry it off with a screwdriver you can do it and keep things clean. Scraping all the glue of the backside of the grill first helps.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=17544&d=1114763767

11. SnL

SnL New World Man Supporting Member

Dec 25, 2006
    O-H...
    Did they give you a recommendation on how to remove/reglue it? If you did it, do you have a pic of the finished project? There is NOTHING else about this in tb.

12. SnL

Dec 25, 2006
    O-H...
    Doees ANYBODY have pics of a vertical stack of gs112's with the badge turned the right way? I must have more OCD than I thought.

13. SnL

Dec 25, 2006
    O-H...

14. SnL

Dec 25, 2006
    O-H...
  15. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    +1

It'd be like buying a plain black t-shirt instead of a black t-shirt with a giant Nike swoosh on it.