Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aguilar GS112 replacement speakers?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RumbleBot, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Just wondering if anybody knows if the new Eminence Kappa 12A speakers are usable in an Aguilar GS112. I know that the GS112 has a Kappa 12 300W in it, but do the new 450W Kappa 12s have the same resonance, Q, and volume requirements? Just wondering if I could upgrade without changing the tone.

2. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    Aguilar has spec'd a custom Eminence driver for that cab. I thought of looking for alternatives...'just in case', but they did their homework very well and I don't think that anything that I could come up with (I get Eminence wholesale) would have the total combination of frequency response, power handling and efficiency. The little cab ROCKS! and the price premium for the exact driver is not bad from Aguilar, and is quite reasonable if you get it discounted (natch!) from your dealer. I am a card-carrying cheapskate. There. I said it. Keeping that in mind, understand that what Aguilar has achieved with this cab is truly amazing in my experience. Low, Loud and Small. If not exactly cheap, then an honest bargain for what it can do. In these 'troubled times we live in' That's worth a lot in my book. I wouldn't screw with obvious success.

Kim

3. your cab is fine. leave it alone