Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aguilar GS112s (2x)--$325 each, $600 for pair

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Peter McFerrin, Dec 1, 2003.

1. I'm heading to grad school soon and I need to downsize to something even smaller than these, so they're going on the block. You know the specs: booty-ous 12" woofer, surprisingly pleasant tweeter (not harsh like those found on SWR or Eden cabinets) with level control, Speakon and 1/4" jacks. The carpet is completely intact, albeit linty, and the corners have barely been scratched. These are very well-made cabinets (as are most Aguilar products).

These cabs probably have the highest booty-to-weight ratio of any bass guitar speaker system out there. I've gigged them several times in a loud funk band and they handle a low B (and everything on up) with aplomb. What's more, if you use a head that fits in a shoulder bag and put your bass on your back, you can load in and load out in one trip: at 45 pounds each, these cabs can easily be carried two at a time. (This comes in handy on gigs where there's no loading dock and you have to park 500 feet from the door.)

$325 each, or $600 for the pair. I would prefer to sell the pair together, but I'll split them if necessary. Trades for the following (with cash determined by the item to be traded) are welcome as well:
    -Euphonic VL110, VL208
    -Acme Low B-1 (pairs always welcome)
    -Acoustic Image Contra extension cab

I will deliver to buyers in the Chicago, Milwaukee, Rockford, Quad Cities, and Madison areas. Otherwise, buyer pays for shipping from 60051 (I prefer FedEx Ground, but if you insist on UPS you can go right ahead). PayPal (x1.03 for fees), cashier's check, or money order preferred.

2. bump

3. Gsxtasy99

Gsxtasy99

Jul 10, 2003
    Boston, MA
    How do you feel about the acme low b-2 cabs?

4. Too big for my needs right now.

5. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Peter,

Would you accept a trade? If you are interested, look down. I would trade you the Hamer plus some cash. PM me if you are interested. I live in Rockford, so this would be a local transaction.

JG

6. I don't think I'm looking for an electric guitar right now, so I'll have to pass.