Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aguilar GS115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jock, Mar 5, 2002.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Is this THE 15" cab?
    How does it sound? I read the Bass Player review and they liked it a lot. I can´t try it here in Sweden so please give me your opinions on this one. I want a fat, warm but not muddy sound.

2. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    & that is what you shall get!
    Not muddy at all, in fact I quite like it on its own. Tweeter is pretty efficient, nice and smooth- not crackly or harsh.
    It sounds huge! Nice thump. I tried a bunch (Ampeg/Mesa-Boogie/Sunn/TE...) but settled on the Aguilar because of it's richness and overall value factor.

I find it hard to describe this kind of thing, so I don't really know if this helps any or not. I bought the cab, along with a few other Aguilars, so obviously I'm going to endorse it. I don't know how 'objective' my viewpoint is...but I did compare it to a lot of gear, & I felt it did the '15' thing the best, for me anyway.

3. www.riksmusic.com has one on close-out for $450.00 free shipping if anyone's interested. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me!

4. That's a great price