Aguilar GS212 or Genz Benz NeoX 212???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by wimpy, Oct 31, 2005.

1. wimpy

Aug 1, 2004
    Czech republic
    ...what do you think?
  2. main_sale

Apr 26, 2004
    Cape Cod
    I've had my G-B NeoX 212T for almost two years now and I absolutely love its tone and volume. I'm not familiar with the Aguilar, but I suspect that you are on a win/win track!
  3. Aguilar! Love the sound out of them.
  4. I don't have a Genz Benz NeoX 212, but I have another 2x12 from genz benz, and I also own an Aguilar GS112. The aguilar blows the Genz Benz out of the water in terms of tone in my opinion. I'm more of an Aguilar man myself, but I keep the Genz Benz around for when I need to play a show (still haven't yet.. lmao). The Aguilar is nice with a warm feel to it. They're both 8ohms. I haven't played the Genz Benz in a long time now, but that's just because I haven't needed more than 1x12. Sorry I couldn't give a more detailed review. :( I think you'll be happier with the Aguilar if you're like me (and many other bassists I know), but only you will be able to figure that out. Good luck!
  5. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Neither.... get a Schroeder 1212. And get me one, too!
  6. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i'm soooo not a 12" speaker kinda guy, but only Epifani's UL212, and Aggie's GS212 would ever come near my wallet.
  7. wimpy

Aug 1, 2004
    Czech republic
    ...thank you guys!... Yes I can buy GS212 for less then Neox over here and I'm big fun for Aguilar. I'm happy with two GS112 . I was just not sure. It sounds on other rev. like Genz-Benz made something miracle.... :smug:
  8. hasbeen

hasbeen Commercial User

Sep 23, 2004
    Vice President, KMC Music. Warwick U.S. distribution
    they are really two different animals.

The GB is a 600 watt cab and the Aggie is 400 watts.

The GB will be a little more hi-fi sounding and faster responding. The Aggie will be a bit more organic.
  9. mahrous

Aug 13, 2005
    i almost bought a GS212 couple of months ago. but it wasnt convenient to me in terms of price and size. i got a small car. i went with an Eden 210 instead.

if i can go back, i will get that GS212 again and again and again. that thing is grand! very solid sounding, clean and funky. punch was great too! it shook my bones nicely too!
  10. rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    The Aggie is 600 watts as well.
    I really dig mine.
    I've heard great things about the NeoX Genz Benz too. Would love to hear one.
  11. Im happy with my Aggie GS212
  12. hasbeen

hasbeen Commercial User

Sep 23, 2004
    Vice President, KMC Music. Warwick U.S. distribution
    really? Sorry about that ...."my bad", although I'm too old to use that saying.