Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aguilar GS212 Prices?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AlexB, Jun 18, 2004.

1. AlexB

AlexB Guest

Mar 21, 2004
    MA
    First post here, hello folks!

Anywho, I'm currently playing a '74 SVT through two Aguilar GS212 cabinets. I recently played a Bergantino NV425 and it was just fantastic! I have been pondering letting go of the Aguilars and picking up an NV425, but I haven't decided yet. I know they are both kick-ass companies. Anyways, I was wondering what a fair/decent price would be on a used GS212? One has casters, the other does not. Both are 8ohms. Just trying to get a ballpark figure here to see what I'm working with. Both are in very good shape. Thanks for the input!

Alex

2. I'd say half of list or a little below and then adjust for the condition of the cab.

3. AlexB

AlexB Guest

Mar 21, 2004
    MA
    I was thinking $525 or so each. Is that a fair price? Thanks for the input, folks!

Alex

4. AlexB

AlexB Guest

Mar 21, 2004
    MA
  5. That seems kind of high, especially for a cab that has to be shipped... I'd say $525 only if you've included shipping.

6. The last one that actually sold on eBay went for $395 with only 1 bid...

7. AlexB

AlexB Guest

Mar 21, 2004
    MA
    Hmm well the ones I am selling are 8 ohm. I don't know if that's better or worse.

8. Not better or worse, just different. Some people want as much wattage as they can get out of 1 cab, so they choose a 4 ohm cab. Some people like to run multiple combinations with their cabs so they pick 8 ohm cabs.