Aguilar GS212 Prices?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AlexB, Jun 18, 2004.

1. AlexB

AlexB Guest

Mar 21, 2004
    MA
    First post here, hello folks!

Anywho, I'm currently playing a '74 SVT through two Aguilar GS212 cabinets. I recently played a Bergantino NV425 and it was just fantastic! I have been pondering letting go of the Aguilars and picking up an NV425, but I haven't decided yet. I know they are both kick-ass companies. Anyways, I was wondering what a fair/decent price would be on a used GS212? One has casters, the other does not. Both are 8ohms. Just trying to get a ballpark figure here to see what I'm working with. Both are in very good shape. Thanks for the input!

Alex

2. I'd say half of list or a little below and then adjust for the condition of the cab.

3. AlexB

AlexB Guest

Mar 21, 2004
    MA
    I was thinking $525 or so each. Is that a fair price? Thanks for the input, folks!

Alex

4. AlexB

AlexB Guest

Mar 21, 2004
    MA
    bump...

5. That seems kind of high, especially for a cab that has to be shipped... I'd say $525 only if you've included shipping.

6. The last one that actually sold on eBay went for $395 with only 1 bid...

7. AlexB

AlexB Guest

Mar 21, 2004
    MA
    Hmm well the ones I am selling are 8 ohm. I don't know if that's better or worse.

8. Not better or worse, just different. Some people want as much wattage as they can get out of 1 cab, so they choose a 4 ohm cab. Some people like to run multiple combinations with their cabs so they pick 8 ohm cabs.