1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Aguilar GS212 vs. Eden 210XLT

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by David Studenick, May 5, 2006.

1. Need a versatile cab for do-it-all duty.

I already have an Eden D112XLT (8 ohm) which is mainly a stage monitor for playing direct or for smaller venues.

I already have a GS212 (4 ohm) to stack under it for playing really big gigs or where I can't play direct and need a louder rig.

My question is this:

In the collective wisdom of this august group, should I replace the Aggie with an Eden 210XLT?

Please discuss.

PS I already used the search forum and couldn't find a satisfactory answer to this question.

2. Is there something wrong with your tone? I dont personally have a problem with people having a mutt setup. As long as it sounds adequate and the cabs volume balance ok I wouldnt change aything.

3. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    To my ears, the Edens sound a lot better, and seem to do so over a wider range of heads, whereas both the Aggie heads and cabs seem to sound much better or worse depending on what you're using. I had a pair of Eden 210XLTs as my main gig rig for years and they never failed me, and always sounded fantastic with whatever I connected to them.

For portability, I later went with a pair of Aggie 112's, which will be a little diff than a single 212, but not a ton. Anyway, I liked those cabs a lot, but not as much as the Edens. They were all about portability for the punch.

IMHO, if you don't mind lugging around 68 pound 210s, which are heavy by today's standards, go for it!

4. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    You've got them both in hand right ... which one sounds better to you?

I'd choose the 210XLT over the GS212 any day for the kind of tone I like.

5. No I don't have the 210XLT yet. I am wondering if it's a better match for the D112XLT than the Aggie GS212.

6. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Oh, putting it that way, IMHO a HUGE yes!!

7. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Oh, I'm sorry, I misread your post.

My take on the difference: the GS212 puts out more bass and a little more overall volume, but the Eden has a much richer midrange, which I prefer.

8. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    I agree on the mids the Eden puts out,I can always hear mine on stage.The thing about the Aguilar is you could use it standalone more than the Eden for bigger rooms.If you go with the Eden 210 you'll be stuck with using both cabinets most of the time.I do use my Eden 210 by itself in small-medium rooms and I love the mids and depth of the tone but it does have its limits volume wise.

9. wimpy

wimpy

Aug 1, 2004
    Czech Republic
    ...what about Eden CX210?

10. robnatt

robnatt

Sep 14, 2005
    I'd buy the Eden.

I have a 210XLT and use it all of the time. I've tried the Aggie 112 and 212, but don't think they come close to Eden for the tone I like.

11. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    Have you considered the Eden D-212XLT ?