Aguilar GS212 vs. Shroeder 1212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassline_Delux, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Ok so here's the deal. I have gone backwards and forwards and sideways and whatnot in deciding exactly what I'm gonna get as a cab. I've considered pairing's, single cabs etc... I think I've finally decided on a nice 2x12 to get me started for several reasons:

- Getting one cab will be cheaper than gettign two(duh!) and hence allow me to get a better once cab.

- 12's are sweet and either of these cab's would be loud enough to hold its own, and they are both of nice quality, so I'm not worried about cutting through the mix.

- Most likely, in a band situation, I'll be playing punk.

Now my issue is(Other than one vs. the other):

The Aggie is rated at 600W and the Schroeder at 1000W. (Both can be either 8 or 4 Ohms). I'm not planning on throwing much more than 1000W at either, but my question is could the Ag. take it? And also, seeng as for the moment I live in europe, shroeder isn't something I can just try so, how do the tones compare?

Also, most likely I'll be using a db659 pre with some form of poweramp.~

If this has been done before please redirect my attention (A little lazy.)

I apologise for the incoherence.
  2. jpo259

Feb 2, 2005
    Corona, CA
    I send 1100W to my two GS-212's all time. No problem whatsoever. I use a Demeter preamp and QSC PLX-3402 power amp set up in parallel. Each channel sends 1100W to a 4 ohm load. My cabs' are 4 ohm.