1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Aguilar gs410 help!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nonogz, Aug 22, 2012.

1. nonogz

nonogz

May 9, 2009
    I have an old 8 ohm cab that has multiple blown speakers. I stripped the carpet (and wiring) and duratexed it. I also ordered 4 new 4ohm speakers. Now my only problem is re-wiring. Does anyone have the wiring schematics?

2. You will end up with two sets of drivers in series, wire those in parallel. This will net you a 4 Ohm cab.

3. Or conversely, you can wire two sets of drivers in parallel, and then series the two sets, 4 ohms as well.

4. +1

Either way he is going to end up with a 4 Ohm cab, or a 16 Ohm cab, or a 1 Ohm cab...

5. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Did you order the correct drivers from Aguilar? Anything else will result in a crapshoot.

Dmac1961's post is the better way. If a driver blows the other three will remain operational - to a point.

6. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    And.... If it was originally 8 ohms the third-order crossover that is integrated into the input plate will not work correctly since it was designed to crossover an 8 ohm load. You will need to swap out that as well.