Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aguilar GS412

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lockout, Feb 27, 2003.

1. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    Anyone had a chance to play through one of these beasts? I had originally dismissed it for its size, but now that I take a look at the details, it's only slightly heavier than their 4x10. This has got me kinda interested in it :)

I'm wondering if any of you have heard anything about it or heard it personally?

2. Joe'sBass

Joe'sBass

Mar 3, 2003
    Hey Man, I had a chance to check out this cab. I love my GS 112's but I'm always looking!

I went to my local dealer and they had one in stock. In the store it sounded just like my GS 112's but loud!!! I've been so happy with my 112's. They've got great bottom, growly mids, and smooth highs - and that's just what the 412 sounds like. But between that and the DB 750 they had on it...it was the loudest thing I've ever heard.

What kind of sound are you going for? Hope this helps...

3. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    Interesting... thanks for the response :)

I need a good rock/metal tone with real powerful lows mainly, but I also need a cab that can sound nice and clean too.

Just wondering, did you get a chance to compare it to their 410?

4. Joe'sBass

Joe'sBass

Mar 3, 2003
    Yeah, Spotlight had the 410 too. The 410 is awesome - very tight and punchy. The lows on the 412 are a little bit fatter sounding in my opinion. The lows on the 410 are great but the 412 just has more...girth? Does that make sense? I think both cabs would be great for a rockin' (tone or a clean tone...the 410's just more focused and punchy while the 412 is a little more natural and growly sounding...to me.

The thing I love about the 12's is how they sit in a mix. They're voiced so you get enough midrange to be heard but since they are a 12" they get enough natural bottom end to fill out the sound of the band nicely - my drummer was instantly in love with my two 112's...so that was a good sign!

Have you had a chance to check out the GS 410?