Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aguilar hiring

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Aguilar/Dave B., Mar 7, 2006.

1. Aguilar/Dave B.

Aguilar/Dave B. Aguilar Amplification Commercial User

Nov 8, 2003
    New York City
    President: Aguilar Amplification
    We're hiring qualified technicians (repair, customer service, engineering assistance) and assemblers.
    NYC location. Great boss!

resumes to: info@aguilaramp.com

This is probably against the rules....but I would really like to hiring people who are musicians as well as having the neccesary qualifications.

2. Boomer

Boomer

Sep 17, 2003
    Hollywood, FL
    Move down to Ft. Lauderdale and I'll work for ya, Dave! Seriously, it's just too damn cold in your neck of the woods. :bawl:

3. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    So up my alley.

So not qualified.... yet.

4. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    +1... can't leave Hawaii, Dave, but I damn sure love my DB750! :hyper:

5. hmm, very interesting...maybe customer service or assembly.

6. Aguilar/Dave B.

Aguilar/Dave B. Aguilar Amplification Commercial User

Nov 8, 2003
    New York City
    President: Aguilar Amplification
    The customer service is part of the technicians job. Once we had a repair guy that didn't speak "musician". So...typically a bass player would call up and say something like, "my amp blew up". Now usually that meant that a fuse blew, possibly one of the internal fuses in the tube amps. But not getting it, his response was " oh my God!, your amp exploded!"
    And a lot of things people call about really require a lot of understanding about the appliciation as well as the electronics.

For the assembly job, good soldering skills and the ability to follow instructions are the keys. If someone has the good experience and wanted to work part time that would be a possibility too. So someone gigging could work here.

7. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    seriously... :meh:

8. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    hope you guys get some high quality help.

especially the kind that lets you make a DB659 reissue profitable!