Aguilar Is HERE!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thehurlatron, Jan 12, 2005.

1. My DB750 arrived yesterday!! I have only had about a half hour to mess with it, but so far it's pretty cool. The sound is incredible, and if it matters at all, it looks very old school sweet.

I'll fiddle (practice/gig) with it for a couple weeks and post a little review if anybody wants one.

I love new gear!! (like a kid on Christmas morning)
  2. Happy MurphDay

Happy MurphDay

Mar 9, 2004
    enjoy yourself, I know you will
    let us know how you like it too!
  3. Andy Will

Andy Will

Apr 11, 2003
    London, England
    Congratulations, hope you are enjoying it! I received my new DB750 a few weeks ago (along with two GS210's) and at last got to use it for its first gig on Saturday. Kept having to back off on the volume which was a whole new experience after constantly trying to turn my old Ampeg SVTIII up all the time! :)
    My only problem was slight distortion from the gain side, but I was taking a gamble trying out a new effects set up in line with my gig I'll get it right! :hyper:
  4. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    I received a DB750 the other day as well and was able to gig it this weekend. It is an incredible amp. Huge tone that stays very warm and focused no matter the volume.
  5. gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    DB 750 reviews?
  6. AAAAARGH! :hyper: I hate you! :D :smug:

I must have the 750, with an AG412 to match it!
  7. msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Is there any way to bypass the preamp section on those and just run an external signal into the power amp section (for instance using the effects loop)?
  8. Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    I think so. You should e-mail Dave Boonshoft. Super friendly guy.

Speaking of new pieces of Aguilar Gear...
    I got my DB680 recently. It's for lack of a better word... PERFECT.

Well almost. :D . It's as close as I've come to the sound in my head so far. I got it running through two GS410's. :D :D
  9. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    what no pic ?
    I don't believe you !!

10. I don't know how to post a pic. Sorry.

11. Yes. There is a preamp in and power amp out on the DB750. You can just use the preamp and send it to a differant power amp, or use a differant pre and send it to the DB750's power section. Or use them for daisy chaining bunches of db750's together!!
  12. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Congrats!! I think so far it is the best sounding head on the market. The weight is well worth it. Monster tone that stays very warm and never breaks up at high volume. Matched with my Epifani T410UL it is perfect!
  13. gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Anybody know why the 750 is not "rated" for 8 ohms? Only 2 and 4 according to their website. . . I assume it's perfectly safe to use with one 8 ohm cab, just curious as to why they don't offer a wattage rating. :confused:
  14. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    It is 425 WATTS @ 8 OHMS. It says it in the manual that came with mine. I am using an Epifani 410 8ohm cab. Its plenty loud. It is also real loud with a GS112
  15. gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Cool, thanks Joey. . .
  16. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
  17. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    I do believe now.

18. Same here!!!

argghhh!!! :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bassist: