1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Aguilar OBP-1 preamp, pre-wired on a loaded Jazz plate w/ knobs

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by TimBosby, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Here we have an Aguilar OBP-1 (two-band) preamp. This particular Aguilar has a unique configuration that was custom-wired. It is:

V/Blend/stacked Treble-Bass/Passive tone w/ push pull

As far as I can tell, the passive tone only works when pulled up (bass in passive mode.) Pretty handy feature. It comes on a plate, pre-wired with traditional Jazz bass style plastic knobs. One thing to note: the blend knob has something wedged into the set screw and I wasn't able to remove the set screw to take the knob off. So that knob is pretty much staying there - I didn't want to force it or try to damage it to get the knob off. So as long as you're cool w/ Jazz style plastic knobs, no big deal.

To order a similar pre-wired preamp from BestBassGear (without the passive tone since they don't even offer that) would be $185. Not counting the cost of knobs and the plate.

I'm asking $115 shipped or best offer for the pre-wired plate w/ knobs (everything pictured.) Lower 48 USA only, no trades.

Attached Files:

2. diglo

diglo Gold Supporting Member

May 21, 2007
    SMYRNA, TN
    Get up! Get Get Get Down!
    PM'ed

3. bassvirtuoso

bassvirtuoso My God, it's full of chrome! Gold Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Nebraska
    Bump for a solid guy who needs more talent....I mean money...

4. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Both, actually!

5. Big John66

Big John66

Feb 12, 2008
    Pm'ed.

6. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004