Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

aguilar obp-1 w/3 emg's?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by dunamis, Aug 11, 2005.

1. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    I have an OBP-1 in my Fender Jazz and love it. In another bass I have the EMG BTS preamp with 3 active EMG pups. The contols are: 5 way switch for pup selection (works like a strat), master vol, master bass boost/cut, master treble boost/cut.

I've been thinking of replacing the BTS preamp with an OBP-1 (keeping the EMG pups). Will this work? A wiring diagram would be great but I can't find any info on using the OBP-1 with 3 pups anywhere.

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    it should work just fine, you would just use the regular wiring diagrams available on the aguilar web site. Since you are using a 5 way switch for pup selection, the preamp has nothing do with the pickup selection. This is the case whether you are using your EMG preamp, or another one. Did you do the original installation work yourself?
    The only difference would be that you'd only have one volume control, which would take as input the output from your 5 way switch

3. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    David,

Got it! Thanks!

Matt