I'm having some issues with an Aguilar OBP-3 that I purchased from bestbassgear.com. I installed this onboard preamp into my '97 Warwick Corvette, which also has the mod of some DiMarzio Model J's. Well, I ordered this thing pre-wired and tested (I was feeling lazy) and it came with everything as it should. I hooked up the pickups, checked all the connections (everything looked solid). I put the cover back on the control cavity and the "fun" began. Issue #1: The input jack seems to cut out if there is even the slightest drop of the 1/4" cable. Gravity is enough to pull it down and lose its connection. I've tried several different cables (different manufacturers) and all have yielded the same results. The only solution thus far is to make sure the cable is routed through my strap so that it fights off gravity to some degree. Issue #2: There seems to be a bit of a grounding issue going on. I'm assuming this is coming from the bass as its never happened before with any other bass, nor did it happen before the installation of the onboard preamp into the bass in question. What happens is a high occurance of electrical shock! The first time I noticed it was last night; I was jamming away on the bass and my girlfriend came in to tell me she was heading off to bed. She gives me a kiss and we both got shocked. I highly doubt that this is a result of our "electric" personalities . Since then it seems that it happens quite frequently. Issue #3: When I adjust the treble control (bass and treble are stacked on a concentric pot) I get a lot of scratchy static. My first instinct was that this was simply a bad pot. I ran down to the music store and bought another concentric pot and soldered it into place, but got the exact same result. Both times I only get the static when adjusting the treble side of the stack, and not the bass side. I've since COMPLETELY re-soldered the entire setup, and checked everything out (even went as far as to buy a multimeter to check it out). For all intents and purposes this thing should work like a million bucks, but I continue to get EXACTLY the same results. Is it possible that the actual preamp module is faulty? Any advice on other possibilities I might try? Sorry for the long read, and any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance! EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention; Aside from the issues above, the bass appears to be working fine. The preamp sounds great and the controls all work perfectly fine and are highly effective. I would just like to get those issues straightened out.