1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Aguilar OBP-3 TK/PP Preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by mmbongo, Jan 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    I've got a couple of these left over that I don't need. These are brand new, in the box, never installed preamps.

This configuration comes with the bass and treble pots, and a mid pot with a push/pull selector to change between 400 and 800hz on the mid control. All you need is volume pots and and soldering skills!

$125 shipped (lower 48)

These normally go for around $150:
    Aguilar OBP-3TK/PP On-Board Preamp Kit at The Perfect Bass

Here's every wiring diagram you'll ever need for it:
    http://aguilaramp.com/pdf/support_wiring_obp3.pdf

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. stix_clgi

stix_clgi Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Accokeek, MD
    Can the pots be wired differently than you described? Example: Can the bass and treble pots be wired as Volume and Blend pots, keeping the push/pull mid pot the same? I have a Spector project and I'm installing pups that need push pull pots for coil split functionality. I'd like to add a stacked pot for bass/treble, and two switches, one for mid freq select, and one for preamp bypass. Is this possible with this version of the OBP-3? I know nothing about wiring soldering, sorry if I sound ignorant lol...

Chris

3. mmbongo

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    No, the EQ pots are 50k so they can only be used as EQ pots. You can do what you are describing with this preamp, but you'll have to buy the blend pots and concentric pots separately (you'll need volume pots either way, as they are not included with this kit).

Here are the various wiring diagrams:
    http://aguilaramp.com/pdf/support_wiring_obp3.pdf

You can buy the blend pots and stuff directly from Aguilar:
    Potentiometers
    Switches

4. stix_clgi

Mar 4, 2008
    Accokeek, MD
    Okay cool, I'd like to purchase this preamp. Do you do paypal? Pm me your payment info, I'll make a payment immediately...

5. stix_clgi

Mar 4, 2008
    Accokeek, MD
    Payment sent....thanks!!

6. mmbongo

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Allright, ONE LEFT!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.