aguilar obp-3

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by superphat, Aug 22, 2002.

1. superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    so what's the word on these?
    i'm gonna get one as soon as it's available, so i was wondering if anybody knew of a dealer that's got 'em on order?

boost AND cut
    3 band
    selectable mids
    9 OR 18 volt

sounds like a winner to me.
  2. stingray96191

Jul 27, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Unofficially Endorsing Ernie Ball Music Man Guitars
    I ordered mine through BassCentral. They haven't got them in yet, apparently aguialr is having packaging problems, but i really can't wait. Its the preamp i wanted in my flea when i bought it and its finally available. I would recomend basscentral to anyone. go to to get their # and then give Grasshopper a call. I hear he takes care of all of the electronics there. But i get the feeling Gard is going to get to theis post and tell you the same thing.

E. Payne
  3. Tumbao

Nov 10, 2001
    That's my choice for my new bass!
  4. Damn, and just after I got the OBP-1 installed...:D

Rock on
  5. SoulEyes

Sep 1, 2002
    That sounds great. I can't wait to check them out myself. I 've always liked the aguilar sytem but I didn't like the fact that it was boost only.
  6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Sounds very cool. personally, I'm not a fan of a mid-control on basses but I like the option of 8 or 18 volt. I'd like to give it a try in one of my basses, though. I wonder how the layout will be? I wonder if the bass & trebble are on one concentric pot & it the mid.mid control are on another mid pot. I'm gonna go to the Aguilar site now. :)
  7. stingray96191

Jul 27, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Unofficially Endorsing Ernie Ball Music Man Guitars
    From what they tell me it will be a 4 knob layout. Vol. Bass, Mid. Treb. and then either an external toggle switch to go back and forth between low mids, or high mid shaping, or an internal dip switch to do the same. Im gonan try to get mine with a pot that is also a switch, like a push pull, kind of thing for mine. I just can't wait to get it.
  8. bwbass

May 6, 2002
    We'll be carrying these as soon as they're available. Aguilar tells me they'll be stocking a stacked concentric pot for bass and treble as well.
  9. "We'll?"

Who's we? Where do you work?

(not meant to be prying or anything, just curious)

Rock on
  10. superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    uh, his signature says Warmoth...
    and if you click on "www" it takes you to...
    you guessed it!