1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aguilar OBP Preamps...Pre-wiring

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Masher88, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Anyone have experience with the Aquilar Pre-amps when they have been prewired (from Bestbassgear.com)? Any tips would be cool.

2. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    I'm thinking you need to fill the holes in your bass, that's first. If you find you'd want more onboard control, then drill some more, or used stacked knobs in the config that you think would suit yourself the best.

Personally I found the Aguilars too have more boost and cut than is useable; you might look at Nordstrand's new pre (though Delano or Glock products at BestBassGear.com are worth checking out as well).

3. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    I think I speak for many when I ask, "where in the hell are you getting this from because it's certainly not in the original post?!?!"

4. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    So that wasn't "tips"? I mean, nobody needs to tell Brian how to wire the thangs to work well. So it comes down to which controls and what config you want them in. Doesn't it?

Maybe I am just on Mars ; }

5. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    I already ordered the OPB-2 prewired with stacked knobs. (3 knobs...Vol, Vol, EQ stacked(treb/bass)).

Just wondering what the mess of electronics is gonna look like and if anyone had tips for putting them into the bass...like for example maybe solder the pickups to the Pre before I install the pots to the body or vice versa. that kinda thing. Without knowing/seeing what the whole thing will look like prewired, I just wanna get a heads up from experienced people.

FWIW: I had a Valenti with the OBP-2 in it a while back...fantastic sound for me! :smug:

6. I ordered a the OBP-2 from Brian at bestbassgear last week or so, I didn't get it pre-wired though. I would imagine it to come all soldered up and to basically be a mess of wires :).

You will still need to solder on the pickups, etc of course.

Adam