1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aguilar OBP3 Variable Mid Control Question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by jbay, Apr 30, 2010.

1. jbay

jbay

May 23, 2002
    Singapore
    I've been looking at the Aguilar wiring diagrams and noticed that I could set the low Mid control down to 200Hz, and also to use an extra dual 500K pot as a variable mid control.

The wiring diagram mentions "Option 8 can also replace the switch in #6 and #7". Does that mean that I could hook up the capacitors as listed in option 7 (.004uF and .190uF) and get a variable mid sweep from 200Hz to 800Hz?

http://www.aguilaramp.com/pdf/support_wiring_obp3.pdf

If that's correct, is it as direct as placing the capacitors between the wires as shown in #7. E.g. .004uF between Grn/Red and Yel/Wht, and .190uF between Org/Wht and Org/Vio?

Thanks in advance.

2. enemybass

enemybass

Jan 3, 2008
    london
    Yeah id also like to know how to do this

3. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    I believe, as long as the capacitors are still placed correctly, you wont have any issues.

I personally find that, most of the time, 400hz mids is too low and really steps on the bass frequencies (if I use it, I roll down the bass).

4. Hopper

Hopper

Sep 24, 2008
    London
    I agree. I also find that frequency too low for mid control.