1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Aguilar Onboard Bass Preamp with a Warwick Corvette Std

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by epoxo57, Feb 17, 2005.

  1. epoxo57


    Feb 17, 2005
    Perrysburg, Ohio
    Hey all,
    Anyone do a mod to their Warwick Corvette Std with passive electronics? At the time of purchase, I only could afford the passive Corvette but now I am curious if anyone has tried the Aguilar Onboard preamp. Also, what kind of schematics could I find? I know there is an outboard version, but I would rather have the onboard.

    Epoxo :bassist:
  2. lowendgod


    Feb 25, 2004
    Yakima, WA.
    i have a corvette std that i put a spector tonepump in and it kicks total butt... i tried it with the mec pickups and sounded good but then i changed the pickups to emg and sounds great also...
    i would assume the aggie to sound great also these 2 onboard preamps are pretty close in sound it deffinately brings out the warm wood tone you should love it...

  3. silky smoove

    silky smoove

    May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I had a '97 Corvette (4-string) that I added an Aguilar OBP-3 to as a matter of fact. To be as comparable as possible, I added it after adding a set of DiMarzio Model J's. Since I liked the tone of the DiMarzio pickups so much I ran the bass in passive mode about 99% of the time. The other 1% of the time that I actually used the preamp was for a slight bass boost, slight treble boost, and a mid cut for when I was playing slap. For that purpose it did great.... otherwise I'm not really sure, I didn't use it for anything other than that to be perfectly honest.
  4. Frank Martin

    Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

    Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Perhaps this will get more attention at the Pick-ups subforum.
    David M Wilson has written many times of his Warwick-experiments with Barts and Aggie, search for it.