Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aguilar Preamp problem - please help!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by agentcooper2001, Dec 16, 2003.

1. I just got a DB659 today. I bought it from a guy on the classifieds. The master volume knob isn't doing anything at all. What could cause this to happen? What should I do about it?

Thanks

Curt

2. ivanthetrble

ivanthetrble

Sep 9, 2002
    Orygun
    Is there any sound at all?

3. ihixulu

ihixulu Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2000
    getting warmer
    1) Are you sure you connected it properly?

2) Are you sure you're getting power?

3) Anything in the fx loop?

4) Battery in the bass?

5) Was the guy who sold it to you on his way to the Cayman Islands for a long trip?

Give us more details...

4. I'm sorry, I should've been clearer. The regular volume is fine. It's the Master that doesn't do anything at all. I get sound out of it. I'm just wondering why the Master doesn't do anything at all. There is nothing in the effects loop. I'm running the balanced output from my preamp to the crown ce2000 poweramp. That's the way to run it, right?

5. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    The balanced out on this pre is designed for recording or going straight into a mixing console. It takes a signal from the amp before the master volume control. For plugging into a power amp use the 1/4 outputs and use the master to control your overall volume.

6. yeah, it works great now. I went and got a unbalanced cable and it's fine. I'm such a rack newbie!!:D

thanks guys

7. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    Cool. Have fun...I love mine.:cool:

8. ivanthetrble

ivanthetrble

Sep 9, 2002
    Orygun
    Don't ya just hate when stuff like this happens and you get that sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach? Glad it turned out well! :D