1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

aguilar pricing

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thiessen3.14, Dec 3, 2002.

1. thiessen3.14

thiessen3.14 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2002
    wichita, ks
    i just saw an ad on ebay for an agular db359, and he said retail was $3795. i got mine over a year ago new for $1100 from riksmusic, and suggested retail was $1800, or so. i checked aguilar's website, and the listed suggested retail is $3795. this just seems crazy. does anyone know if aguilar instated a major price hike, or is their website out of whack?

2. camoe

camoe

Sep 7, 2001
    Lafayette, CO
    They have done a couple of price increases over the past year. Glad I bought my Aguilar gear already.

3. thiessen3.14

thiessen3.14 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2002
    wichita, ks
    i just got an email back from bass northwest, and i guess aguilar jacked up their prices. man, 3795, that's a heckuvalot to shell out for an amp. i really like mine, and i'm glad i got it before the hike, but i don't know if i'd be able to justify spending this much. i guess the street price is around 2795. does anyone else who owns this amp have any thoughts???

4. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    I got one about 2 years ago paid 1200. I have been tring to sell it for about a year.

Now they went and did that with their price so Im gonna keep it.

AJ