Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aguilar Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JahKnow, Mar 25, 2003.

1. JahKnow

JahKnow Guest

I have an opportunity to purchase an Aguilar 659 pre-amp for $300. It appears to be in good shape, and I will be checking out the tones tonight at practice. Assuming all is right w/the unit, is this a good price for this box? THanks for the input.
    PEACE!!!!!, Johno!

2. List price is $1250 for that pre-amp. I don't know what the street price is but I bet is more than $300.

3. As the sun sets

As the sun sets Guest

Dec 10, 2002
    N. Easton, MA
    That's a very good price for that unit. Aguilar makes very high-end gear. That preamp usually goes for around $550-$600 used. $300 is an excellent deal. Make sure it's in working order!

4. yes. they usually go for 1000 or so since the price raise.

5. Buy it, and if you don't like it, sell it for a 100% profit.

6. Emprov

Emprov

Mar 19, 2003
    Or let me know where it is so I can buy it!

7. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    No me! :p

8. JahKnow

JahKnow Guest

Tried it out tonight, and it seems to be in perfect working order, so I'm gonna keep 'er. Another question, I am presently using a pretty high end mic-pre (MindPrint, Envoice). Is there a way to use it in the FX loop of the Aguilar for more EQ and compression?

:meh:

9. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    if its a high end mic pre, i'd rather have the Aguilar in its effects loop, if any...

10. JahKnow

JahKnow Guest

Uh, huh huh, like Bump!

:bassist:
    PEACE!!!!!, Johno!