Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aguilar Rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jeff Haley, Feb 22, 2002.

1. Jeff Haley

Jeff Haley

May 17, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga.
    I just received my new rig from the Bass Palace.
    It's an Aguilar DB 359 head with 2 112's Aguilar cabs. It sounds great so far but I have not played it with the band yet. I hope it is loud enough. The tone is really good so far. The cabs were smaller and lighter than I expected. They are no problem to transport.

2. AndyGL

AndyGL

Nov 20, 2000
    Wellsville, NY
    Congrats Jeff.

I just got a 359 just two weeks ago and use it with my 8 ohm Eden 210xlt which is a very efficient cab. I play out a lot in small clubs. It's definitely got enough power for me and sounds great. Based on what I'm hearing, I 'll be able to add another cab without a problem if I need to. If and when I need even more db's I'll just use the direct out into the house system.

FYI...I don't know if you have been serching for a rack bag for this amp but its hard to find a stock one to fit it's 20" depth. PJ, the sales manager over at Aguilar just sent me one from thier first production run. It's a custom 3 spacer which gives ample breathing room for the tubes when they get hot.

Enjoy your new amp...Andy

3. Just curious, is it a soft rack bag or a hard shell rack?

Secondly, Congrats Jeff, that's actually a rig possibility for me. It's between that, or changing it with a DB750, although i guess the GS410 cab is a possibility, but a pain to transport which is why i'm looking at the 12s.

4. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I just bought the DB359 last week, and it is incredible! I paired mine up with an Aguilar GS210, and I think it has plenty of volume. I am thinking about adding on the new 2x12" Cab, and running it at 4 ohms though. I have never heard an amp that couples the warmth of tubes with such clarity and "usable tone" as the DB359. It's deep sounding too! Congratulations!:)

5. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    E-mail Aguilar....they do have a custom 3 space rack made especially for the DB359. May come in handy transporting the amp! Weighs a ton for it's size doesn't it?!

6. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Hi Guys

what did you pay for the rack bag?

AJ

7. AndyGL

AndyGL

Nov 20, 2000
    Wellsville, NY
    Mr.Fortune and Andrew.....The Soft rack bag direct from Aguilar was $95 . I know it sounds like a lot but it's good quality, ( I believe it's made by The Modern Case Company) it's very light and best of all it fits perfect. It has a pocket on the side and the Aguilar logo stamped on the pocket. If they decide to sell it through thier dealers, I'm might go for a bit less. Who knows...I needed it quick.

AJBassKing....Yeah, It's a heavy sucker (50lbs) but worth every ounce in sound.