Aguilar S 2x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by reasonbass, Feb 19, 2006.

1. MF is selling them cheap so I bought one. I figuire since they are Aguilars they must be at least decent. But I was wondering if anyone owns or has played one? If so what are you thoughts?

I'm gonna be hooking it up to either my Mesa 400+ or a Power amp/ Boss GT6B
  2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Got one. Handles a Low B pretty well (not outstanding, but well. Mids cut thru like a knife on it. WELL worth the money!
  3. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    I love mine!

4. I fell victim to that sale as well. I'm still waiting on mine but I had been needing a decent 210 for independent practice and travel reasons so i'm sure that for the price, i'll be pretty happy.
  5. I didn't/but needed a 2x10 cab, since I have an Eden XST 2x10. but one of the drivers is blown. So I was gonna buy some strings and saw that price, and fell victim to it too. lol. Can't have too many cabs I guess.
  6. ghindman

Feb 10, 2006
    Yeah, I succumbed to that ridiculous price, as well. The limited quantities makes me wonder what the deal is - trade show demos, or something, I would guess. But I figured for the price, even if I'm not happy I can unload it used for what I paid for it. And, I unloaded my Avatar B210 for $125, so this is damn near a free cab. (yes, I know, but don't burst my bubble)
  7. thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    oooh, i'm looking forward to your impressions esp because you're a fellow Eden 210XST owner.

i Heard an S410 a week ago, it was paired to a Aggie DB750 and it sounded really really nice. lows weren't massive, but the tone was meaty enough, warm and satisfying. which is actually appealing since i usualy cut the bass knob on my Aggie DB659 to about 9 o'clock because the XST belts out too much
  8. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I ordered an S 4x10 last week, and I can't wait to try it out. According to FedEx tracking, it's suppose to be hear tomorrow, though I don't know if they took President's Day into account with that estimation.
  9. I've played the S210 and S410 separately and stacked with an AG500. The S210 is not going to be as loud nor have as much bass emphasis as the XST210. To my ears, the Aggie S series has more mids than the GS series, cuts through very well, has excellent tone and is lighter. I think you will be very happy. I almost got into this sale weekend before last, but the initial post said they had 2 S210s on Saturday and then on Sunday they were gone. So I spent the money on a new router instead. I guess I'll have to make my own cab now to justify the woodworking gear.
  10. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I picked up one of the S 2x10s on Friday night. It's currently "being packed."

Originally, I wanted a matching Mesa cab for my Custom Walkabout Scout, but at almost 3x the price, I couldn't justify it. Since I'm only getting this as an extension cab, the price of the Aggie was certainly right. :hyper:

UPDATE EDIT: I just got the tracking number for my cab. It'll be here on Wednesday. Plenty of time before my gig on Friday. Whoo hoo!
  11. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Has anyone used this cab for upright? Your thoughts
  12. I tried it w/ a BG and it was pretty good. Not as full as the GS112, and it farted fairly easily (200w at 8 ohms), but pretty good.
  13. I doubted that the S210 would compare volume wise to the XST210. But I got maily becuase 1. I'm a gear whore 2. My XST cab has a broken driver and this cab would hold me over untill I get off my lazy butt and get a replacement driver.

How is the tweeter on it? I'm not a very big fan of tweeters. I acutally prefer sealed tweeterless cabs, like my 8x10. But don't make sense playing that fridge in my house. :ninja:
  14. Hey guys, I placed my order last week (2/15). I called today to get the status and they told me it had been backordered! This is after I had already been told it would ship out (on 2 occasions) today! I kept calling because online it said "Being Packed", guess thats synonymous for 'We dont have it, but we're gonna let you think its on its way.' I'm so pissed right now.
  15. bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Hmmm. I placed my order on the 17th, and I got a tracking number emailed to me today with a delivery scheduled for Wednesday. Maybe the person you talked to was incorrect.
  16. I ordered the 4ohm cab. Which did you order?
  17. When I ordered they only had the 8 Ohm cab.
  18. bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Yeah, me, too. I didn't even know they had the 4ohm at one point.
  19. Yeah, it was an option.....apparently a popular one.
  20. mattvon

Jan 22, 2006
    Minneapolis, MN
    FWIW, I ordered the S410 (4 ohms) on 2/15 and it shipped within 36 hours. FedEx tracking says it'll be here tomorrow. :)