Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aguilar S 4x10 VS Ampeg SVT 410HE

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by spectorbass83, Oct 31, 2005.

1. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    I am looking into this cab http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=bass/search/detail/base_pid/601034/

And this one
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=bass/search/detail/base_pid/481741/

The reviews sound very good for the Ampeg, but there are none for the Aguilar on Musicians friend. How would you guy compare both of these? They are both in my price range and I am considering buying one of these two. I am looking into getting either an Ampeg SVT450H 450W Classic Series Head, or a Peavey Max 700 Bass Head to power these cabs.

I am in Canada and Musicians Friend only ships certain products here. These are two of them that I am interested in.

2. jacostilllives

jacostilllives

May 4, 2004
    it really depends on what kinda sound you are going for. Do they ship the 410HLF to you? I had one of those for a very long time and i absolutly loved it. It shook more earth than any other 410 that i have played on.

3. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    Yes they do ship the Ampeg to Canada. I am leaning more towards this rig I think. I want to add a 15" speaker in the future. If I get the 4ohm Ampeg SVT 4x10 HE, then add a 4ohm Ampeg SVT115 will I have any trouble powering these two cabs with the Ampeg SVT450H 450W Classic Series Head since the two 4ohm cabs combined will be 2ohm?

4. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    Go to Aguilars' website they have Bass PLayers' review on the S-series cabs (210,410 and 810). I think they're very helpful.

Take care....

5. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I'd take the Aguilar any day. What other heads are avalible in that price range?