aguilar s-series

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Scott Lynch, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Scott Lynch

Scott Lynch Supporting Member

Anyone tried 'em, especially the S810? If so, how do they compare to the GS series? I love my GS112s, but i'm worried they might not be enough for bigger shows.
  2. zoran

May 10, 2002
    from 112 to 810 is a big jump. Tell me you didn't mean to add 810 to your 112 cab :D
  3. jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    As far as I know, Aguilar does not make an 8x10 cabinet.

GK has has an "S" series 8x10.

As for the Aggies S series, I have a S210 that is an amazing little cab for it's price range. Plenty of low end, crisp highs(with the tweeter at 11:00) and suprisingly loud. It is rear ported and fairly lightweight. The build is the same high quality as the GS series except it uses Void Free MDF instead of Phillipine Mahogany.
    I would definetly recommend these cabs to anyone who wants pro sound but does not have pro finances.
  4. newdull

newdull Supporting Member

Feb 27, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    I've got a S410 and it sounds pretty good to me. I didn't A/B it against the GS410 so I can't compare for ya.

The dealer I bought it from did say that Aguilar had a S810, but he didn't have in any in stock.
  5. Aguilars S 810,S 410 and S 210 are reveiwed in the November issue of Bass Player magazine.The 210 and the 410 have the same tweeter and crossover as the GS series but the 810 doesn't have one.The guys at the magazine liked all three and said the 810 was the easiest 810 to move around they have found yet.Still an 810 though.