Aguilar S210 Review Thread

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ghindman, Feb 23, 2006.

1. ghindman

Feb 10, 2006
    Since I believe a fair number of us just purchased Aguilar S210s, and I didn't find anything in the archives, I figured it would be a good idea to start a thread to collect all the reviews.

So, here's mine...

So far very pleased. This is a very punchy, heavy on the low-mids cab.
    It mates well with my SWR 350x, I bought the 4ohm cab, so I'm getting the full 350 watts out of my head, and there's plenty of headroom all the way around. The cab is, however, decidedly less efficient than my old Avatar B210 Delta - I have the master volume turned up probably a whole major tic on the dial to get the same volume. I would imagine it will get slightly more efficient as it breaks in, but think I'd likely need a pair to keep up with a guitarist at gig volumes.

I've only played around for an hour, or two, but so far I can get some very satisfying tones. It pulls the vintage J-bass growl out of my Japanese Fender J, and slips down to the low-B on my Stingray5 pretty cleanly, as long as I don't have the bass cranked up.

All around a very punchy, if so far somewhat quiet, 210.
  2. I tried one for about 5 minutes at the Bass Club, and when I pushed it with 200 watts (it was 8ohm) it started farting a bunch.

Maybe it was a bad cab or something :confused:
  3. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I was able to get mine from the apartment office today. I plugged it up with my Walkabout Scout, and it sounded pretty nice.

I didn't want to annoy the neighbors, so I didn't do too much. But, I've got a gig at a decent sized room in Atlanta tomorrow night, so it'll have some time to get broken in. Granted, we'll have FOH support, but it'll be nice on stage.

Plus, since we are recording, I might try to get a mic in front of it, too, in addition to the DI. But, we'll see...
  4. lsu921

Jun 6, 2003
    Addis, La
    I've got two coming in Monday... I sure hope they're good..