Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aguilar S410, Crest VS650, Demeter VTB201

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by smperry, Sep 12, 2005.

1. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    I'm selling my entire rig. Pics will follow.

I'm asking $400 for the Aguilar, $225 for the Crest (in a heavy duty Anvil case), and $425 for the Demeter. EVERYTHING IS SOLD.

This is a great rig that's not too big. I quit my band a couple weeks ago and just felt like changing some things up (I've gotten rid of some basses too). Anyway, the Aguilar is in excellent shape, no problems whatsoever and is 4 ohms. The Crest is also in excellent shape, and does 850 watts at 4 ohms mono. The Demeter has some rack rash; it is the older blackface VTB201, with 2 tubes. It does have the Jensen D.I. which works flawlessly.

Not interested in trades...I already bought a much more expensive rig. :meh: :bag: So much for cutting back...

Of course, I'd love to not have to ship the 410, but if you've gotta have it, email me. If you're local and want the whole thing, I'll cut you a break, and throw in some cables if you need them.

Thanks,
    Marshall

2. smperry

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    The Demeter currently has Phillips JAN 12AX7 tubes, but I could swap in something else; I have a bunch of vintage tubes, which I'm probably going to sell soon also.

I'm the original owner of the Aguilar cabinet; I bought it as a music store demo model off of Ebay. If it's not from this year, it's probably 2004.

I believe I am the second owner of the Crest, and the first owner used it as a backup. I believe I've had it since 2001 and I've never had problems. It's been racked most of its life.

This is a warm, clean, reliable, and loud rig...you'll have no problems unless you're playing huge venues without PA support. The only reason I'm selling - I replaced the whole thing with a Phil Jones rig! :hyper:

If you have a nice fretless for all or part of the rig, I'm listening. Cash is best though.

Marshall

3. smperry

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA

Attached Files:

4. smperry

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    A buyer disappeared, so the cabinet is still available. Will consider trades (for instruments, not amps). Unless my ex-bandmates cleaned out our storage, I should still have a box for shipping.

Marshall

5. smperry

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Bump...happy to hear offers for the Aguilar cabinet, or trade offers, involving a bass and/or effects.

Marshall

6. DigthemLows

DigthemLows

Oct 10, 2003
    Sacramento CA
    Damn I wish I had some funds, that's a great deal. Sure you don't wanna try an Avatar 2x12 with some cash? ........ ;)

7. smperry

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Thanks, but I'm covered for cabs...anything else?

Also happy to accept a Maclaren stroller or a Medela breastpump as part of the trade...hey, it doesn't hurt to ask. :meh:

Marshall ;)

8. DigthemLows

DigthemLows

Oct 10, 2003
    Sacramento CA
    Not really, got a Peavey T-45 with a T-20 neck.........my kids are older now, so the stroller and breast pump are no longer around.......damn, to think I could've traded them for a cool cab :hyper:

9. Uhhh.....wuh HUH?!? :eyebrow:

10. smperry

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Excellent use of the :eyebrow: smiley. It's a baby thing. well, actually a mommy thing... :smug:

Marshall

11. Oooooh...ok. just making sure.

12. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    bump...

for the great 410, I'm in the market, and I've heard they're great

Greg

13. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    is that $400 including shipping?

also how many ohms is it?

14. smperry

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I'll do $400 shipped. It's 4 ohms.

Thanks,
    Marshall

15. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    Any interest in a mint Ibanez SRX-400. It's the Olive Martini color. I love the tone. I just have 5 basses now - too many!~

16. smperry

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Thanks for the offer, but I'm leaning towards fives (and up) these days, or perhaps a fretless 4 stringer.

For anyone, I could also possibly add a bit of cash for the right fretless five.

Thanks,
    Marshall

EDIT: SOLD CAB LOCALLY