1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aguilar S410 or GK Backline 410BLX?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dhagler, Mar 10, 2008.

1. The Aguilar is rated 500 watts at 4 ohms. I think I can get it for $250.

The GK is rated 400 at 8 ohms. I think I can get it for $175.

My amp is a GK Backine 600. The 4x10 will be my only cab.

Which way would you go, and why?

Thanks for your responses.

2. The Aguilar is just a better cab then the backline, plus with the Aggie, you could have your amps full power with one cabinet. The down side is you'd have to sell the Aggie and get an 8 ohm cab if you wanted to use two cabs in the future.

3. Thanks for your response. You confirmed everything I was thinking. It may come down to whether there's $100 worth of difference in their sound, or which guy agrees to my offer.

4. I've tried a BL 410 and wasn't impressed. All the Aggies I have played through were sweet. Plus you'll have a hard time finding a 410 on the level of Aguilar at that price.

5. Again, you have my thanks. Aguilar has a better reputation than GK and the price if I can get it is a very good deal. I will post when the transaction is done, whichever way it goes.

6. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    The Backline is GK's budget line. The Aquilar will be the best sounding choice and well worth the extra money.

7. BigLoopDuke

BigLoopDuke Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    DSM, IA
    I have some Backline cabs and an Eden cab. I've run my backline 600 through each and the Eden has a higher SPL rating and sounds much louder. I'm sure I'll get flamed for bringing SPL up, but check that for the Aguilar, in addition to the 4 ohm...it'll probably be the better powerhouse.

8. Eminor3rd

Eminor3rd BLAAAAARRGGHH!!

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    That's an excellent price for the Aguilar. It'sa better piece of equipment overall in every aspect. The only way I would consider NOT getting the Aguilar is if I was sure I wanted to add a second cab at some point in the near future. Even if you're considering it in the not-so-near future, I'd still get the Aguilar because it'll be very easy to get $250 out of it later if you have to sell. Plus, if you upgrade your head at any point, most decent new stuff is 2 ohms capable nowadays, so you may even be able to add something to the Aguilar eventually if you choose.

9. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'm and Aguilar lover and have owned all of their speakers cab series.

The S-series is by far my fav. Go get that cab, your gonna love. If not, send me the bill!:p

10. theophilus762

theophilus762 Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Durham, NC
    i absolutely love my S410!

11. Many thanks for all your responses. Now if the seller will agree to my price.....

I will post when the deal is done.

12. Rota

Rota

Jun 11, 2007
    Mesa, Arizona
    If you can get that Aguilar for $250, you won't have a problem selling it later for at least that if you want something else. It's just an overall better investment, and it'll sound amazing too.

13. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    GK 1001RBII head and two Aguilar S410 cabs DSC00248.

14. Great news!! The Aguilar seller agreed to my offer of $250.