Aguilar S410 vs. Avatar B410 Neo?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mattvon, Feb 15, 2006.

1. mattvon

Jan 22, 2006
    Minneapolis, MN
    Okay, many thanks to all those who helped me identify a 410 as my best solution.

Now, since MF has dropped the price significantly on the Aggie S-series cabs, it's down to sound between these two.

Opinions? I'll be powering either with a SVT-II (4 ohms) and playing rock (some surfy rock and fuzzy garage rock, mainly)

The only other major difference is that the Aggie weighs about 17 lbs more than the Avatar.

Thanks in advance!
    Ballin'bass likes this.
  2. wolfs

Jan 18, 2006
    ...and that the Avatar is way bulkier than the Aggie...
  3. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    See my review in my sig for the Avatar B410 Neo
  4. Sizewise the S410 is a short heavy little cube. The S410 is 83 pounds and comes to just a little above my knee. I tend to prefer heavy cabs to be a little taller so that I can get some leverage on them. I play mostly 1930's through 1960's country, rock, rockabilly, western swing, r&b stuff for an older crowd. So I'm not sure if I can help in the volume category. These cab tend to emphasize the mid range unlike the GS series and, while they are not as loud, they are plenty loud for me and cut through quite well. I have considered buying a couple of the S210s, but I don't want to have to lift the S410 (old age and bad back).
  5. Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
  6. The S 410 very portable for a 4x10. I can lift it in and out of my trunk without assistance, and then you just roll. The sound is excellent. I find it cuts better than 2xGS112 cabs. Not quite as full as the 12s, but the S 410 still has the characteristic Aguilar low end. Man I thought I got a good deal when MF had them under $500 a couple of weeks ago.
  7. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Most big onlime retailers have a 30 day price match policy and will give you the difference back if they or another retailer is cheaper. ZZSounds recently gave me some cash back 2 - 3 weeks after I purchased a pedal from them and saw it cheaper elsewhere. I'm willing to bet MF has the same policy and would hook you up! Go get some money back and then send me a check for pointing this out to you brutha! :p
  8. Many thanks Quadzilla! MF has a 45 day price match policy, and I purchased my cab 35 days ago. They were wicked cool about the whole thing to boot. Seriously man you made my day.:)
  9. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I always try to help out my fellow TBers! :)
  10. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i tried an S810 at a local GC, and i'll be a monkey's uncle if that sucker didnt push out some MASSIVE tone. easily bested the Ampeg 810 next to it. no doubt, bigger UMPH, punch, and low freq's. if there was ever a reason i'd need this much speaker, this would be the cab. and look at the price!
  11. Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Great Joker...

Now you made me buy one... :eek:
  12. TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    Which local GC?