Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aguilar S810

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by henryjurstin13, Feb 15, 2006.

1. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Bass/Amps?sku=601036

Mus. Foe has thes for $599 + $69 shipping... seems like a very good price, but there is hardly any information on these. Could that be the answer to my search?? No information = no fans = not a very cab??

I am in the market for a larger sized cab to handle my Classic 400, this looks like it could fit the bill.... Anybody?

2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Well I don't have one of these but I do have the S210 that I use solo or sometimes stack on my GS212. The S210 cuts through like a knife. Love it. I can't believe what MF is selling the S series for. They must be ceasing to carry the S line and just blowing them out. The 2x10 is now $199, the 4x10 is $379 and as you pointed out the 8x10 is $599. CRAZY!?!?!?! Everybody else wants almost twice as much for these cabs...

3. barthanatos

barthanatos Insert witty comment here

Feb 8, 2006
    South Carolina
    http://aguilaramp.com/products_cabinets_s810.htm

S 810

For some players there is nothing like an 8 x 10. The S 810 combines the natural lows and punchy tone of the S series with the economy of an all in one tilt-back design. The sound you love and the volume you need!

Specs

Eight 10" Aguilar stamped frame drivers with 38 oz. magnets

Power handling: 1000 watts RMS

Impedance: available in 4 ohms

Two 1/4" jacks and one Neutrik speakon

Frequency response: 42 Hz - 3.3 kHz

Sensitivity: 104 dB @ 1W 1M

Dimensions: 45"H x 23.25"W x 17"

Tilt-back design with built-in rear wheels

Interlocking corners

Void free MDF, Quad bracing.

Weight: 131 lbs

Warranty: Three year limited

Price: $1349 retail

Optional: Padded Cover

Reviews

Bass Player Magazine, 11.2004

4. Aguilar S 810
    Type: 8x10, rear-ported

just got that from the .pdf -- maybe, I just answered my own question.... it isn't sealed.