Aguilar Speaker Reload question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kirk Bryant, Mar 21, 2011.

1. I have been using my trusty pair of Aggie GS 112's on and off for several yrs. and was thinking of reloading them with newer speakers. What would you suggest as the BEST replacement and please tell me why.

thanks!
    Cheers Kirk

2. OK so since I posted this I found this while searching for new speakers on MF:

"The Eminence Delta 12LFA 12" Bass Speaker is recommended for professional audio mid-bass or floor monitor applications in a sealed enclosure. Specially designed with extended Xmax to deliver more bass than standard models.
    Available in 8 or 16 ohms. 500W power rating. Usable frequency range: 44Hz to 3kHz.

Eminence recommends the Delta 12LFA 12" bass speaker as a replacement in the Aguilar GS 112, Accugroove Tri112SL, and Behringer Eurolive B212 cabinets, and the Ashdown Electric Blue 12 combo amp"

whatr are your thoughts on this speaker?

thanks Kirk

3. There are alot of threads on this topic,the original speakers are the best replacement because the cabinets were design for them.
    That being said I have 2 Eminence Deltas in my GS-412 to help cure the lack of upper mid clarity and it sounds so much better now.

4. Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen Commercial User

Jul 24, 2009
    Bristol, UK
    Amp tinkerer at Ampstack
    What don't you like about the current ones? The Deltalite II matches well, different tone, but lighter, handles a bit more low end. Heading toward having a different cab though.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021