Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aguilar + Spector

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by MrFortuneCookie, Jun 22, 2001.

1. I am considering getting the EMG preamp in my Czech Spector changed to an Aguilar OBP-1. What do you guys think is it worth it? It'll cost me about $110-$120 for the OBP-1 and another like $100 to have it professionally installed. What do you guys think?

2. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    YYEEEESSSS! I just orderd my spector from stu myself and talked with him for several min! I got the american bolt on and he told me that it would sound tons better to put it in! Id go for it big time!

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I like the Aguilar OBP-1. I have it in my Warmoth 5 string & it kick's @$$!!! I'm also thinking of putting one in my NS-5 CR & maybe putting EMG 40 J's in it, just to make it alittle different than the USA NS-5 have.

4. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Stu made it sound when i talked to him that he wasnt going to put those into the basses because he was so happ with what he was using! But aquiler sent him a box of them and they just set there for a long time and one day when he was bored he slipped one in and he said damn what a cool change! So he is talking about putting them in standerd soon to all american basses!

5. Also, i was talkin to aguy, he said somethin about Aguilar OBP-1 and the EMG preamp both being in Spector American's that have the OBP-1. Anyone know anything about that?